Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,275   Posts: 1,534,699   Online: 971

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images

Elwood enlarger sizes

I ask more questions than I answer here but I need more help
    Elwood for sale locally
    Seller states "kodak enlarger made by elwood" but I don't think that ever happened

What sizes did Elwood make? I know 4x5/5x7/8x10
    Did they make medium format, too?

Seller says it's about 36 or so inches from baseboard to top of column
    Said was 5x7 or so upon taking off dome at top but I'm not sure he was measuring carrier opening ...maybe he measured the diameter of the light dome fixture?

I'll attach the photo. Doesn't appear that big, though. Counting the foundation blocks gives about the correct height and the bellows seem 1/2 a brick so perhaps it is 5x7 or 4x5
    I don't know the Elwood intimately enough to be sure
    He lives a distance away so I can't go right away ..I have to go pick up a snow fence right now, anyway.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    picture
    Last edited by sun of sand; 12-06-2007 at 12:53 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Vegas/mysterious mohave co. az, Big Pine Key Fla.
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    SS,

It looks like a 4 x 5....I have a 5 x 7 and it is configured a bit differently...I like the Elwoods, simple and functional and go on forever and ever amen.
    [FONT="Arial Black"][/FONT]

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Thanks! Yeah, it looks like a 4x5. Supposed to come with a box full of "stuff" so who knows ..have to go take a look.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    A 1955 Elwood catalog lists enlargers from 35mm and 6x6cm to 10 x 10 inch. Yours appears to be older, and using more wood. The height from baseboard of the smallest 4x5 & 5x7 listed was about 5'. Mine had to sit on the floor to clear a low ceiling.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I had a 6x6 Elwood given to me a couple of years ago. I passed it on to someone from APUG.
    Michael Robert Taylor
    Ottawa

I wish I'D said that.... Bartlett

http://www.apug.org/gallery1/browsei...imageuser=7358

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin