Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,331   Posts: 1,537,219   Online: 879

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images

Lensboard for Schneider 150mm lens

I have been searching for a lensboard for a Schneider 150mm lens---it calls for a 50mm threaded lensboard. I came across a place called Electron Microspoy Services that sells a large line of Saunders equipment and they told me last week that they had the board, but I got an email today telling me that they do not have the board.

I'm expecting the LPL 4550 VCCE pretty soon and I already have the lens but I have no lensboard to mount it on. I'm just wandering if someone knows where I can get one or am I going to have to buy a board with a smaller opening and have it machined to fit my lens. Why would this board be discontinued?

Thanks for any help.

~Chuck

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The LPL 50mm board should be available at B&H. I think KHB Photographics also has them, and probably has the Omega board too.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by bdial View Post
    The LPL 50mm board should be available at B&H. I think KHB Photographics also has them, and probably has the Omega board too.
    Nope,

I have talked to B&H, Calumet, Adorama and this lensboard is not available through them either. Although Calumet was showing it online just a few minutes ago, but upon calling them, they did not have it. It's strange because the Rodenstock and the Schneider lens both call for 50mm threaded lensboards, yet the board needed for these lenses to be mounted in the LPL 4550 is now discontinued. Are they making 150mm lenses in 39 mm barrels now? IDK, but this is frustrating.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Although expensive, you might see if SK Grimes could make one for you.

I am not sure which 150 mm lens you mean. I have a Schneider Apo-Componon 150 mm enlarging lens that I use on a Beseler enlarger. That particular lens requires a special lensboard with some extension (I think it cost me $90 just for the board). I have 150 mm Rodenstock and Nikkor lenses (that I could not resist buying but have never used) that use regular boards. So just make sure that you get the right board.

I don't see alot of Saunders lens boards on Ebay but they do come up for auction.
    Jerold Harter MD

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I am referring to the 150mm Conponon-S. But after posting this question, I continued my search and finally found one at Freestyle Photographic Supplies---their last one the shelf for $43 and $5 shipping. I wonder if Schneider and Rodenstock are manufacturing these lenses with smaller lens mounts. Oh well, I have what I need and I'm glad.

Chuck

Shooter
    Large Format
    I'm in the same boat. I just ordered a LPL 4550 VCCE and have a Schneider 150mm Componon-S that needs 50mm threads. The closest lens board I can find is 53mm. Who uses 53mm???

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    The place I would try in the UK is called Odyssey Sales, who can certainly supply the correct 50 mm ring, if not the panel.
    http://www.odyssey-sales.com/

Regards,

David

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin