Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,700   Posts: 1,548,397   Online: 1122
      
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 30 of 30
  1. #21
    eclarke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    New Berlin, Wi
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Posts
    1,955
    Images
    71
    Yes, please, a link...EC

  2. #22

    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Dunedin,New Zealand
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    270

    LED lights..

    OK folks,
    go to http://www.trademe.co.nz/
    Select 'Electronics & Photography' - 'Camera Accessories" - 'Flashes & Lighting' :
    Enter ' led lights' in the Search box...89 listings to choose from at last count.
    NOTE : trademe does not accept bids from buyers not resident in either Australia or New Zealand.*
    It is also worth noting that any of these lights using mains power will be designed for 240 volt AC supply.
    *I would be prepared to assist bona fide APUG members - please email me directly.

  3. #23
    Robbedoes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Doesburg
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    442
    These leds do cost much more than a ‘normal’ low energy bulb.
    Large diameter bulbs can be found at Bailey

  4. #24

    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Dunedin,New Zealand
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    270
    Yes, but a CFL bulb, if that's what you are suggesting,is hardly a replacement for the new technology of LED's.
    Instant on, thousands of hours of reliable output, constant color temperature,or variable,in some models,dimmable output,almost zero heat output,lightweight construction..
    Makes a CFL look like a Tallow Candle by comparison.

  5. #25

    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Dunedin,New Zealand
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    270
    And the NZ dollar is running about 82 cents vs the US$,so make that Minus 20%.

  6. #26
    ath
    ath is offline
    ath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Germany
    Shooter
    35mm
    Posts
    890
    Quote Originally Posted by Smudger View Post
    Yes, but a CFL bulb, if that's what you are suggesting,is hardly a replacement for the new technology of LED's.
    Instant on, thousands of hours of reliable output, constant color temperature,or variable,in some models,dimmable output,almost zero heat output,lightweight construction..
    Makes a CFL look like a Tallow Candle by comparison.
    What about the CRI of LED's? "white" LEDs are far from a continuous spectrum, even worse than CFL's.
    Regards,
    Andreas

  7. #27

    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Dunedin,New Zealand
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    270
    You have the advantage of me sir. But,I might have known there was no easy solution..
    Would this matter for B&W printing though ?
    For color,yes.

  8. #28
    Robbedoes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Doesburg
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    442
    Is Ole still around here?
    I want to know his experiences using his bulb alternative.
    Concerning spectrum, I’m using graded paper.

    Regards,

    Rob

  9. #29
    Steve Smith's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Ryde, Isle of Wight
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Posts
    8,608
    Images
    122
    Quote Originally Posted by ath View Post
    What about the CRI of LED's? "white" LEDs are far from a continuous spectrum, even worse than CFL's.
    Use equal quantities of blue and green LEDs and vary the times of each to change grades.

    http://www.apug.org/forums/forum43/6...ht-source.html

    http://www.apug.org/forums/forum43/7...ht-source.html


    Steve.
    Last edited by Steve Smith; 09-19-2011 at 05:58 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

  10. #30
    ath
    ath is offline
    ath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Germany
    Shooter
    35mm
    Posts
    890
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Smith View Post
    Use equal quantities of blue and green LEDs and vary the times of each to change grades.

    http://www.apug.org/forums/forum43/6...ht-source.html

    http://www.apug.org/forums/forum43/7...ht-source.html


    Steve.
    Yes. Including the limitation in max. achievable contrast with blue LED's. A continuous spectrum has the advantage that the spectrum simply goes on and one only has to filter and extend exposure...
    Regards,
    Andreas

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123


 

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:



Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin