Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,900   Posts: 1,584,389   Online: 674

Thread: Durst AC 650

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Durst AC 650

Got this monster and connected it to a conventional timer. Doesn't seem to have the will to cooperate. It seems to me that it might need a dedicated timer...

Does anyone know how it works ? It seems like a great enlarger, but there's lots of buttons and nothing happens when I push them. The lamp goes on only when I push a button labeled "Focus" but it can't be used with the timer (in a mode that will allow me to use the time I choose...).

Is there maybe a manual somewhere on the web?

Shooter
    35mm
    Your mention of the "focus" button makes me wonder if it might be like my Philips PCS150, which includes a built-in timer. The PCS150 has a button that's pushed to start the timer and a slider with "stand by" (off), "adjust" (normal filter settings), and "focus" (full brightness) buttons. I found a photo of the Durst AC 650 on this German eBay auction. The photos not clear enough to be sure, but it looks like it might have a timer (the dial in the upper-right corner of the head, or possibly the leftmost one in the row beneath it). If that's what it looks like to you but none of the other buttons activates the timer, then perhaps you're overlooking a main "on/off" switch, or perhaps the relevant button is broken. With any luck it could be a simple soldering job to fix it.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Yes, thanks !!

It's an intergrated timer model and I'm starting to learn the way it works, thanks to an earlier thread here on APUG.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin