Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,472   Posts: 1,570,946   Online: 805

Shooter
    Medium Format

Zone VI Type 1 VC

On ebay there is a Zone VI Type 1 VC with column. Has any one used this Type 1 VC? It does not come close to looking like the Type 2 VC. Any information would be appreciated.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Zone VI Type 1 VC is almost the same than Type 2 except the real size covered by the head. Type 1 is only for 4x5" max, it doesn't cover really 5x7" and there is only one guide for the bellow and not two as Type 2

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I guess I wasn't clear. I wanted to know if anyone used the Type I Variable Control head and what they thought about it.

Thanks for your help Phillppe Ayral.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I have one and have used it quite a bit. There are two problems with the Type I.

One: It's not possible to get replacement tubes. Calumet hasn't stocked them for quite some time.

Two: Neither channel (green nor blue) has a feedback system, like the Type II. The only option of which I'm aware for consistent printing is to get a Zone VI Compensating Enlarging Timer and to plug it into the top of the enlarger head and expose each channel separately. (It's possible that a Metrolux might also work. Not sure, though.)

As to the latter, if one exposes the green and blue channels together, while the compensating timer may control the overall exposure, the two will vary relative to each other. This results in inconsistent contrast.

For example, I had printed several negatives and had kept accurate notes regarding print time, contrast, dodging, burning, etc. But, I was unable to reproduce the same result later, because of a change in contrast.

If I keep it at all, which I doubt, it will be to use a Beseler head. A saving grace is that I purchased the last Calumet Beseler adaptor for this enlarger.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Mr. Neil Poulsen, thank you for providing the information. I was trying to determine if it was worth bidding for the Type I Variable contrast head. I guess I will just have to buy an Aristo VC. Now the question would be, "is anyone using the an Aristo VC and what is your opinion?

Again thank you.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin