Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,909   Posts: 1,584,665   Online: 851

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    You are definitely limiting the size of your prints with that arrangement. Maybe in a later upgrade you can mount the enlarger onto a deeper desk to allow for the BIG prints the enlarger is capable of. I know you'll have fun, good luck!
    Gary Beasley

Shooter
    Large Format
    Good luck. I imagine that you can hardly wait to get to work. It will be good to see some of the prints that you produce. I look forward to it.
    Art is a step from what is obvious and well-known toward what is arcane and concealed.

Visit my website at http://www.donaldmillerphotography.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The easel on the desk right now is an 11x14, but a 16x20 piece of wood fits. By removing the guy wire from the wall and loosening a few bolts I can rotate it to print on the floor. Honestly, though, I have never printed larger than 11x14 and I've only been that large once before.
    Let's see what I've got in the magic trash can for Mateo!

blog
    website

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It didn't look that big in the picture. Honestly I like a lot of room under the enlarger to accomodate placement of the easel, especially when cropping at a higher magnification. Give yourself a pat on the back for a job well done.
    Gary Beasley

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It looks a lot smaller in the photo than it really is, it's big desk! I plan on building a pull-out leaf for the desk to accomodate a larger easel if I ever decide to print larger with a chock attatched to the end to raise it to the heighth of the top of the desk. What makes is a lot easier is that you can insert a negative carrier into the enlarger at any orientation allowing me to place the image longways with my desk. Now I've got to get to sewing my fabric together to make a window cover... sadly I won't get to printing tonight due to a birthday celebration that I had written on the calendar but let slip my mind. Here's to planning to print tomorrow!

blog
    website

RAP

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    You mean the wife doesn't mind sharing the bedroom with your darkroom? Amazing to say the least! Why the bedroom? Why not the basement or even the bathroom? One apartment I had, I used the kitchen. I had my dry side set up on one wall. My 4x5 Omega mounted to the table. A 5' plastic sink on the stove that drained right into the kitchen sink. I didn't live their long, but it was functional. You may find the fixer smell a little too pungent at night.
    Time & tides wait for no one, especially photographers.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    haha, please don't say the "W" word. The girl I'm hugging in the photo is my long-time girlfriend. I'm a junior college student who's recently moved back in at home with his parents. I have another year and a half and then it's off to law school so I need to save as much money as I can... this photography thing sure isn't helping either! The aforementioned parents recently purchased a new house and the only option I have available is the bedroom. I plan on moving to one of the non-smelling fixers as soon as I run out of the ilford I have now, but a air purifier/ionizer/odor remover in the room helps out a whole lot!

blog
    website

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin