Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,328   Posts: 1,537,065   Online: 1062

Shooter
    35mm

55mm f/1.9 Computar ??

Hi,

After looking for at least a year I've failed to even find one of these for sale. Is this a super rare enlarging lens, or was it just not marketed in the US, or what? Apparently it is was also sold as either 55mm f/1.9 Computar, or as a 55mm f/1.9 APO-Computar.

I became interested after reading Ctein's review that showed how well the lens does at larger apertures. That's a quality that would come in handy to cut print times for super dense negs/possies.

Any hints for finding one, and are they worth hunting for?

Shooter
    Large Format
    Hi !
    Computar lenses where on the market for a brief period of time (in darkroom, not in CCTV) And the 55 being top of the range, was at a high price tag. Add to this that people tend to buy by reputation and not by technical qualities, and you've small volume sales. Plus the guy who owns one _knows_ he has a gem, so the second hand marked is really tiny. And at a premium price...
    If you can find a 105 mm APO nikkor for my enlarger.....

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I think I've seen two of these in the past year or so on ebay. One was listed as having internal haze, but still went for big bucks, maybe $350 or so. They truly do seem to be uncommon.

Shooter
    35mm
    Well after 2 1/2 years of looking I've finally found one of these... a 55mm f/1.9 Computar DL enlarger lens, with LOTS of seperation in the rear group. I also have another Computar DL (135mm) with nasty seperation, AND when I found a google archived *bay 55mm computar listing I somehow missed, that one too had seperation. It would seem this whole series of lenses has a problem with this. Focal Point quoted me $200-250 for recementing the rear group. It's probably worth it for this unique lens, but if anyone else is searching for one of these, be advised.

Cheers

I came into a whole bunch of Computar enlarging lenses. No separation as far as I can see.

Anyone interested, send me a PM.

Michael A. Smith

Shooter
    35mm
    I have a 55mm 1.9 with glass as clear as a bell (separation professionally repaired) exc. cond. works like new, in orig bubble for sale. any offers?

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin