Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,556   Posts: 1,545,118   Online: 1062

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I am still trying to get my brain around the fact that less than a week after blasting CFL's here - JBrunner is going to build a giant cold-light enlarger!

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by copake_ham View Post
    I am still trying to get my brain around the fact that less than a week after blasting CFL's here - JBrunner is going to build a giant cold-light enlarger!
    George slowly gets it...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    This is one way a person attached the film at the corners of a negative carrier.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails clip2.jpg  
    Everytime I find a film or paper that I like, they discontinue it. - Paul Strand - Aperture monograph on Strand

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Curt View Post
    This is one way a person attached the film at the corners of a negative carrier.
    Thanks so far everybody,

This is all really really great info for digestion.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    I was just looking through my Lee Valley & Veritas catalog and found product number 53Z20.10, Magnetic Paint. The product blurb states "This paint, which has tiny iron particles mixed into it, is simply brushed onto non-magnetic materials, such as wood, to create a surface that magnets will stick to." Sounds interesting. $16.50 for a pint, shich covers 10.8 square feet, double coated. Might be a good way to make a wall magnetic for hanging paper to be exposed.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I was giving some thought to using some strong magnets that are available from the wood worker store in a negative carrier frame. I recently use them on a medicine cabinet for the door catch, which they are sold as.
    Everytime I find a film or paper that I like, they discontinue it. - Paul Strand - Aperture monograph on Strand

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I recently ordered a few magnets from here to stick postcards to my fridge for the postcard exchange. They are as strong as the blurb says they are. The tiny cube ones are the best, and will stick to my fridge through about 5 sheets of FB paper, even though they are about 1/6th on an inch accross

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    'still collecting info on a horizontal enlarger?'

Shooter
    35mm
    Yup. I will be going to get the camera at Jan 2. I think I will build the lamp house using green and blue LED's. I have samples coming to to perform real world tests. Still pondering the neg carrier. Instead of a big track for the enlarger, I'm pondering a fixed pedestal, and movable easel. The trick will be devising a way to position the easel in registration at various distances. All the input so far has been wonderful.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I think I will build the lamp house using green and blue LED's
    It took me a while but I finally found this again:
    http://www.textklick.demon.co.uk/ledhead.html
    I've been considering something like this but time ...
    JGB

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin