Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,952   Posts: 1,522,731   Online: 866

Shooter
    Large Format

Have you made a wall support for a Durst Labotrator enlarger ?

Hi !
    I own an old Laborator 100 4x5 enlarger.
    I plan to bolt it to the wall in order to suppress the baseboard, helping position my 4 bladed easel.
    Of course, the Uniwal Durst made for this purpose is as scarce as hen's teeth, so I'm left with "DIY if you want one".
    I've seen some plans, thought about aligning the negative stage with the baseboard, but if one of you, guys, have done the "thing" I would appreciate your help before putting the saw and hammer into use !
    Thanks for your help !

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've made wall and bench mounts for 5x4 enlargers, a good spirit level is extremely useful, I had a small piece of metal folded 90 degrees then braced to stop any flexing this bolted to the wall and the enlarger column was bolted to the bracket, another much smaller piece.

Align everything with the spirit level, you should then be ok, but as a check a good test is to put a very high contrast preferably a lith neg with fine line detail (much brighter so you can make any adjustments easily) in the enlarger and check the sharpness at each corner to make sure the negative carrier is aligned properly.

It's harder to write about than do in practice.

Ian

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin