Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,587   Posts: 1,545,852   Online: 1151

Trouble shooting a Meopta

I plugged it in and flipped the switch---nothing! I replaced the bulb and once again....nothing!
    Hey, theres a bulb in a fixture at one end, a plug on the other and a switch somewhere in the middle---not a lot that can go wrong. I'll get my meter out tomorrow and troubleshoot the poor thing, but I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem and what the fix turned out to be?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi John,
    It would probably help if you stated which Meopta enlarger we're talking about.
    Most of the "modern" Meopta enlargers also have a transformer, so that's where I would look first.

Regards,

Denis

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Do you run through a transformer? If you do there may be a fuse gone. Either in the transformer or in the plug.

Note: If you have a transformer the fuse may be hidden under the main case. You will have to remove this to change the fuse. If you do, MAKE SURE THE TRANSFORMER UNPLUGGED FROM THE MAINS!
    Last edited by Andy K; 01-01-2008 at 06:59 AM. Click to view previous post history.

-----------My Flickr-----------
    Anáil nathrach, ortha bháis is beatha, do chéal déanaimh.

A transformer??? This enlarger is a Opemus 4x4. Transformer???

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have an Opemus 6, it has a transformer. I am not familiar with the Opemus 4. If it does not have a transformer, then maybe the fuse in the plug has blown?

-----------My Flickr-----------
    Anáil nathrach, ortha bháis is beatha, do chéal déanaimh.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I have an Opemus 6 B&W, which doesn't have a transformer. First thing I would try is to plug the enlarger directly into a known working mains socket, without a timer in between. Next, test the mains plug fuse. If you have done that, check the connection box on the outside of the lamp housing (you may not have this, I'm not familiar with the 4), mine has screw terminals that connect the mains cord and internal wiring. Make sure the wires are all firmly attached and no stray strands. After that you will probably need to test the mains cable through to the lamp socket for continuity.

Ian

Interesting what happened here---the contact in the lamp socket was pushed back too far to make contact. Shes up and running just fine now. I have a larger 6x6 suffering the same problem. I did notice that the GE PH214 bulbs seem to be a lot tighter fit than the originals (Wiko, I think they were) does anyone have experience with PH214 bulbs varying in demension to such an extent?

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin