Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,300   Posts: 1,535,884   Online: 965

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Blog Entries
    Images

Question about ilford VC filters

I'm looking into purchasing a set of Ilford VC filters for my enlarger. I have a filter drawer above the lens that measures 2 3/4" x 2 3/4".

Question is, is it better to have the filter placed above the lens, or below? The filter set for below the lens looks pretty nice and easy to use. But if necessary, I could always by the 6x6" filter set and cut them down to fit my filter drawer, though I wouldn't have the nice plastic handles that the below the lens kit offers. Suggestions?

Shooter
    Medium Format

Filters

Anything below the lens will probably degrade the image.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    You can even just get the 3" square filters and cut down those. One thing to consider would be making a little cardboard "frame" for each filter do that they are stiffer and easier to handle.

Buy the 6" square and make 4 filters from each. Above the lens is better, under works very well.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin