Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,957   Posts: 1,586,083   Online: 964

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

need help with a Leitz V35 enlarger

Today I received the enlarger from the big auction site. Complete and beautiful....except there is a boss broken off the aluminum casting that held one end of the head counterbalance spring. My intent is to simply return it, but I was wondering whether anyone else has seen this and has any thoughts about repair. There is another hole that could potentially be threaded for a shoulder bolt, but I wouldn't want to do that unless I had a pretty hefty discount since I'm not sure I can make it work.
    If anyone else has seen this problem and come up with an elegant fix, I'd be interested to hear it. Otherwise, I'll accept your sympathies or leads on other nice 35mm enlargers (:

Shooter
    Multi Format
    MARK,
    The first thing that pops into my mind would be a sandwich of sheet aluminum with the broken boss as the meat.
    JB weld on the broken area & either JB weld, epoxy or drill & tap several holes around the perimeter of the plate(s)
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin