Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,677   Posts: 1,481,970   Online: 914

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thought that I'd share with you yesterdays (28th April) experience of watching my darkroom being lifted over electricity cables by a crane with an 80ft jib. As I made this exposure I have to admit that I felt somewhat sick when I saw the angle that my beloved shed was sitting at. I had visions of it slipping out of the sling and crashing to the ground leaving a pile of shattered wood, not to mention dreams. However, when it was deposited at my new home about 2 hours later I checked the bench and floor levels and to my amazement found them to be absolutely level. I left my Zone VI enlarger column bolted to the wall in it's normal position for the lift (the delicate head was removed) and found the column was only1/8th of 1 inch out of plumb. I'll soon correct that when I start putting it back together in the next few days and very soon I'll make my first print for several weeks. Life gets better every day after that experience.
    "Digital circuits are made from analogue parts"
    Fourtune Cookie-Brooklyn May 2006

Shooter
    Large Format
    Have darkroom, will travel uh Les?....

Shooter
    Multi Format
    wow!

Willing to let us know how much this has cost you (just the moving the darkroom bit) Hiring a crane that size must be expensive!

Images
    Wow! How big is the darkroom les?
    hi!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    That is so wild! Glad it worked out.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    What an adventure! I've had friends moving pianos in Manhattan, where you usually have to bribe all sorts of people to get the crane onto someone else's adjacent property. I'll be looking forward to seeing more prints!
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    </span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Nige @ Apr 29 2003, 11:05 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> wow&#33;

Willing to let us know how much this has cost you (just the moving the darkroom bit) Hiring a crane that size must be expensive&#33; </td></tr></table><span class='postcolor'>
    The crane cost &#036;45 per hour and the truck to transport the darkroom cost &#036;25 per hour. The whole operation took about 5 hours so the cost is not too high. The darkroom is 18ft by 10ft and has two 4 x 5 wall mounted enlargers along one side and an 8ft stainless steel wet bench along the other. I&#39;m thinking about treating myself to a new hi-fi system to play my heavy rock even louder when I&#39;m working. As you can see I tend to live in isolated places so I don&#39;t have to worry about neighbors.
    "Digital circuits are made from analogue parts"
    Fourtune Cookie-Brooklyn May 2006

Images
    Very nice&#33;

Brian
    hi!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Les, admit it: this is no longer still photography.
    Digital is best taken with a grain of silver.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin