Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,747   Posts: 1,515,673   Online: 793

Shooter
    35mm

Using a Jobo ALT-2?

Hi All:

I have just purchased a Jobo Alt-2 processor, and would like to get in touch with others using the same processor in hopes of being able to learn from them - hints, repair information, etc. etc.

Mine has a couple of (hopefully) minor problems which I will tackle when it arrives, but meanwhile, am trying to learn more about it, and with luck, and probably a little help, am looking forward to automated film and print processing. I would have loved to go for a newer model, but a limited budget limited what I could afford.

I still have no tanks for use with it, but have placed an ad in the Classified section to see what members might have to spare.

So, I guess this is a bit of a fact-finding mission - as much as anything to learn who is using an ALT-2 successfully!

Thanks,

Dave

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Hello Dave,

I have not quite an ATL-2 but the older ATL-1, which have a lot of common things with his younger brother, believing the pictures I have found on the net.

I got this Jobo for free, with some other things (docs, a 3000 tank, spare flasks, etc) when a friend's corporate photoclub decides that they don't need analog gears anymore.

The processor is well used, a little dirty, and I currently gradually setting up in working order. I have to change the RAM backup battery, yet.

The main problem is when I checked rinse water temperature out of the Jobo drain, it was far away over the processing bath temp, especially during the last rinse rounds.

I think it come I connected directly the Jobo hot water supply on the home hot water line, for the moment, and during the last rinse phases, water becomes too hot that the ATL-1 can control.

Are you using a temp control tap (or something else) on the hot water supply, before your ATL-2 ?

Best regards,

Raphael

Shooter
    35mm
    Hi Raphael:

I am still waiting for my processor to arrive, and still looking for a print drum and cogs for it - may the mail Gods keep it safely on the way!

I will be using it with a temperature control valve as discussed in the following thread:

http://www.apug.org/forums/forum43/4...p-control.html

I don't yet have my manual, as it is coming in the box with the processor tank and I have been unable to find an ATL-1 or ALT-2 downloadable manual, but I am wondering if your plumbing is correctly connected, as it seems unlikely the temperature should rise that much during processing. I am wondering about the cold water supply line, and whether it is being mixed properly. Perhaps someone currently using a similar processor could comment on this. Perhaps this is the reason people use these with temperature control valves.

I imagine I will have to change the RAM backup in mine, too. It also apparently is showing a code 3 error (air leak, I think) which I will have to diagnose before using it. It could simply be as little as a leaking hose, bottle connection, or a problem in the air distributing system - hopefully I will find it easily repairable.

So, I can't personally advise you - at least not for now until the unit arrives, but have to get my mits into mine when it arrives and may have an idea once I have played with it for a while!

Dave

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Hi Dave,

Quote Originally Posted by DavePEI View Post
    I am still waiting for my processor to arrive, and still looking for a print drum and cogs for it - may the mail Gods keep it safely on the way!
    I have to check it, but maybe I have a drum of the 2800 serie which I can get rid off. But I am not sure that shipping cost from France to Canada will not exceed the price of a used tank itself from North america
    Are the Ebay prices still prohibitive ?

I will be using it with a temperature control valve as discussed in the following thread:

http://www.apug.org/forums/forum43/4...p-control.html
    Interesting, thanks you.

I don't yet have my manual, as it is coming in the box with the processor tank and I have been unable to find an ATL-1 or ALT-2 downloadable manual, but I am wondering if your plumbing is correctly connected, as it seems unlikely the temperature should rise that much during processing. I am wondering about the cold water supply line, and whether it is being mixed properly. Perhaps someone currently using a similar processor could comment on this. Perhaps this is the reason people use these with temperature control valves.
    I read again the given documentation for the ATL-1, and saw, in a page corner, that hot water supply should be provided through a mixer, and temp should not exceed the wash water temp more than 5°C. For the moment, I plan to try an inexpensive shower tap mixer, but I have to play the plumber to modify my current installation.

Thanks for your reply,

Raphael

Shooter
    35mm
    Hi Raphael:

That is good. I still don't have my manual, but the head unit for mine arrived this morning, so I can get a start on cleaning it up, etc....

What I ended up getting for the mixing valve was a Leonard model 210 water mixing valve and it seems to work well with the filter, etc.

No luck on eBay - there have been lots of film tanks on, but no paper drums, so it has been quite frustrating trying to find one used.

Dave

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Hi Dave,

Quote Originally Posted by DavePEI View Post
    Hi Raphael:
    No luck on eBay - there have been lots of film tanks on, but no paper drums, so it has been quite frustrating trying to find one used.

Dave
    Are you looking for 28xx drums (the smaller one) or for the Expert (3000 serie ?) big drum ?
    Here is a link to the Jobo catalogue for print drums :
    http://www.jobo.com/jobo_service/us_...#Print%20Drums

These are a few auctions on Ebay (some ending in three hours, sorry) :
    http://cgi.ebay.fr/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...m=310013350765
    (A film drum obviously, but the cog lid and body are interesting)
    And the followings
    http://cgi1.ebay.fr/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=310013357340
    and another from the same seller.

A complete set of 2800 :
    http://cgi.ebay.fr/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...m=150201724215

I will send you a PM as soon as I know what I have exactly in my basement.

Best regards,

Raphael

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin