Switch to English Language Passer en langue franÁaise Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,692   Posts: 1,482,411   Online: 690

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks Konical I do have GAS but, I think next on the list is going to be a Mamiya 645 Pro TL or maybe a 'blad. I really need to get something with interchangeable backs and lenses. I love my Rollei but, just need something a bit more practical. I can't see myself going any larger than 6x6 though. If I do, it will be when I move up to 4x5 or 8x10 but, that's more of a very distant goal at this point.

Aaron
    flickr

"A good photograph is one that makes the viewer so aware of the subject that they are unaware of the print."- Kodak
    "...if you find afterwards that you made a mistake, the price of the film and chemicals was...tuition!" - greybeard
    "The hard part isnít the decisive moment or anything like that Ė itís getting the film on the reel!" - John Szarkowski

Shooter
    Multi Format
    What Konical said.
    I used a B22 for years for 35mm. Nice basic enlarger. Good quality, although the XL version I tied to a wall for stability. I'm not sure I had a problem with vibration but did it anyway.
    If you look at either the 23C or B22 and get the standard height with either of them You will be limited in size of print to around 11X14 the taller versions will get you bigger prints.
    If you're going to be moving the enlarger around the B22 is much easier to deal with than the 23C. It's lighter and more compact with it's single column.
    The 23C is more robust & allows you to print from a larger neg.
    Back to the screen project.... Parts can be bought at any of the home center stores. I prefer the aluminum framing because it's thinner than the wooden variety which means it stores in less space, is cheap enough & is easily worked. Spline tool, hacksaw & screwdriver is all you need.
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi John, that was what I was worried about with the 23C. They both seem like great enlargers. The 23C seems like it would be more stable with the split columns but, the B-22 seems like it would be much more portable. Not sure I have seen an XL version of the 23C but, if I decide on the B22, it will definitely be the XL version. I don't plan on doing anything bigger than 11x14's for the foreseeable future but, the option to go bigger would be nice.

I think I pretty much have my screen set-up planned out. Just one question though, how much space do you recommend in between screens to allow for good airflow and drying?

Another thing you guys have me debating, after much back reading here, is what to get for enlarging lenses. I can't afford the high end lenses but, would like to get something decent in the mid range. Guess I'll have to wait and see how the budget goes when the time comes.

Thanks again guys
    Aaron
    flickr

"A good photograph is one that makes the viewer so aware of the subject that they are unaware of the print."- Kodak
    "...if you find afterwards that you made a mistake, the price of the film and chemicals was...tuition!" - greybeard
    "The hard part isnít the decisive moment or anything like that Ė itís getting the film on the reel!" - John Szarkowski

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    B-22's are nice and compact. Ive used one for a while and like it.
    I bought some nice Nikon lenses on ebay for maybe $40-$50.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks Pesphoto Any recommendations on which Nikon's are worth picking up? Is it the f/4's that I read are best worth skipping???
    flickr

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  ó   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin