Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,445   Posts: 1,569,885   Online: 1195

Thread: What a load

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

What a load

A tiny fraction of what my widow will have to liquidate when I conk!
    http://www.apug.org/forums/images/sm...on_biggrin.gif

http://cgi.ebay.com/DARKROOM-VINTAGE...QQcmdZViewItem

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I don't know why, it made me feel sad... A memory of an ambition left behind? But then again the liquidator is including an ass in the sale, which made me feel better again.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    I saw the ASS and wondered if he would sell her separately.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Well, when I look at this (and imagine my own future estate sale!), I figure the person must have had a lot of fun with all that cool stuff! Looks like a rich life left behind to me. I just hope whoever buys the lot will use it -- there's a lot of fun still to be had with this person's darkroom.
    Michael McClellan
    Documentary Photographer
    Ann Arbor, Michigan
    http://www.MichaelMcClellan.com

Shooter
    35mm
    It's not worth 900 bucks.

The beseler, the camera and the backs are the only things of sure value.

Everything else might be outdated, expired... etc.

But pulls a string or two. I imagine the previous owner using the darkroom.

Shooter
    35mm
    Hi, I'm a widow of a photographer (I've posted a few times, to introduce myself and to get advice on how to post ads properly, etc.) and I would urge you photographers to make a list of your photography stuff, with descriptions and conditions if possible, for the benefit of those you leave behind. My dear hubby didn't, and believe me, it's a royal pain trying to sort all this stuff out. It would have helped SO much if he'd done that.

I'd much rather he'd come back and do it NOW. *sigh*

Terry Hickman

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Thanks, Terry. Wise counsel, which I'm sure very few of us guys, being guys, will follow.
    And, I'm so sorry for your loss.

Well, that's one way to make sure she doesn't throw a toaster in the tub on you! I had similar good luck when I was building my darkroom, and got some wonderful old equipment -- though I got mine before the photographer died, and bought it out of the trunk of his Saab in a resteraunt parking lot halfway beween between us.

Hard to say who was more grateful!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Heck, that's not a lot of stuff. I got two to three times as much (two Beseler 4x5 enlargers (one with a Minolta 45A colorhead, and the other with a ZBE computerized cold lighthead,) NuArc UV head and vacuum table, Wing-Lynch Processor and Water Controller, X-rite UV Densitometer, Color Densitometer, EG&G Sensitometer, timers, trays, chemicals, tanks, reels, etc.) I love the fact that almost everyone seems to bailing out of analog. I couldn't in my wildest dreams afford all this before.
    The soul never thinks without an image.
    - Aristotle

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Why sell, store it. I have this hermetically sealed vault I could put it in for you. Here's the drill. I come down, lights a'flashing, throw everythin g in boxes and fly away and time myself storing them then destroy all forms of communication. OK. I'll be down next weekend for the trial run and call me and let me know how it went.
    Thank you.
    CWalrath
    APUG BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE
    DE Darkroom

"Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin