Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,745   Posts: 1,515,611   Online: 926

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    i also have a jobe which i have to set my temp a little high to get accurate readings but once its there it keeps it there, ive had great results processing e6

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Swift Raven View Post
    Based on suggestions made I checked the calibration of my Kodak Process thermometer against a medical thermometer (the old fashioned max reading type). The two agreed exactly.
    That indicates that you have two thermometers that agree closely. Whether or not those points of agreement is, are fact, the CORRECT temperature, appears to be up for grabs.

I know there is a pot that regulates the temperature of the water flowing from the circulation pump into the water bath, and that would be set one degree - or so - HIGHER than the "dial temperature", as I've said, to compensate for heat losses in operation. You COULD perform surgery on the Control Unit to try to find that pot.

The E-6 1st & color developer require 38°C ± .3°C
    - And in the CCP-2, the temperature regulation solenoid and heating coil activate at +/- 0.3C above or below the "set" temperature.

I am fully aware of what the Manufacturers claim to be "necessary". Over the years, I have processed E-6, C-41 (I STILL have an Anscochrome Processing Kit - from the '60's), - a variety of other stuff, - inadvertantly at the wrong temperatures.
    I TRY to be precise (uniformity is more important than accuracy), but I've never really had a problem with temperature.
    Last edited by Ed Sukach; 01-17-2008 at 03:58 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: Minor emphasis...
    Carpe erratum!!

Ed Sukach, FFP.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin