Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,921   Posts: 1,522,089   Online: 734

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast
    IOS

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by bessa_L_R3a View Post
    Ok, I just got back from Adorama in Manhattan and I bought all the stuff and consulted with the processing guy in the film department. He told me I don't need a thermometer and can do everything at room temperature, but that flies in the face it seems with what all of you guys have said, that I should try to keep temp. constant. So I'm going to use Jason Brunner's method of keeping everything in a water bath.

Digital truth tells me that if I'm developing Neopan 400 in HC-110 I need to use Dilution B formula and develop for 5 minutes at 20 Celsius. On the concentrate bottle of HC 110 it says Working Dilution B is 1 part stock solution to 7 parts water.

So this means once I get my stock solution (I have no idea how to do this because I'm a math idiot) I take, say, 1 cup of it and mix it with 7 cups of water and the resulting mixture is what I use to develop?

And the guy at the store said I can re-use the developer. How many times can I re-use it?

Please tell me I'm on the right track here ...

Good news: I figured out how to load my reels correctly in the dark!
    NO,NO,NO, !!!!!!!!!!!! Dont mix 1 to 7 out of the bottle !!! The 1 to 7 is after you make the stock sol !!! If you want dulB mix 1/2 ounce of the syrup with 15 ounces of water. Dul b is after you made the first mix. If you want to make a small amount of developer so you dont waste it mix it with the 1/2 ounce of syrup from the bottle with 15 ounces of water, that will give you enough for a single roll of 35mm in a single roll tank. The person that gave you the info on the temp is a "nut case" because dev time matters on the temp of the water.

Jim

IOS

Shooter
    35mm
    Dul B straight from the syrup is 1-30 which will give you 31 ounces of developer, so cut that in half for a single roll. I always dump it after im done.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by JBrunner View Post

Here is a web page with good hc110 info:

http://www.covingtoninnovations.com/hc110/
    thanks Jason, this clears up a lot!!

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by IOS View Post
    Dul B straight from the syrup is 1-30 which will give you 31 ounces of developer, so cut that in half for a single roll. I always dump it after im done.

I'm getting dizzy ... Not understanding ..

I have the mini plastic tank with two reels (35mm) and I plan on doing two reels at a time, full capacity, is that 31 ounces? I don't know how much liquid fits in the tank because it doesn't say.

Ok, it says 18.8 mL for a 600 mL tank which is the one I assume I have, so I need to multiply 18.8 mL by 30? That's 564 mL so this is enough?

IOS

Shooter
    35mm
    I'm getting dizzy ... Not understanding ..

I have the mini plastic tank with two reels (35mm) and I plan on doing two reels at a time, full capacity, is that 31 ounces? I don't know how much liquid fits in the tank because it doesn't say.

The bottom of my tanks state the ounces. I have a 9 ounce tank and a 16 ounce jobo tank. Look at the bottom of the tank or the box i came in.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Check your tank for amount needed. Did you end up getting the Patterson? I get 3 rolls per quart of developer.
    flickr

"A good photograph is one that makes the viewer so aware of the subject that they are unaware of the print."- Kodak
    "...if you find afterwards that you made a mistake, the price of the film and chemicals was...tuition!" - greybeard
    "The hard part isn’t the decisive moment or anything like that – it’s getting the film on the reel!" - John Szarkowski

Shooter
    35mm
    The easiest way to determine the capacity of your tank if it doesn't say, is to fill it with water until it covers the reel, or reels, and then dump the water in to a graduate, and measure how much.

Look at Bob's dilution chart- he's done all the math for us.

If your tank is indeed 600ml, and you want to use Dil B you would mix 18.75 ml of syrup with 581.25 ml of water. You wont get it that exact of course, but something around 20ml to 580ml is fine, as long as you do it consistantly.

IOS

Shooter
    35mm
    I stand corrected ! The actual measurement is 1/2 ounce of syrup to 15.5 ounces of water. I use 1/2 to 15 but the correct is 1/2 to 15.5. Good luck ! after one or 2 times you will be a pro !

Jim

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Hi,

I ended up getting an AP, not for any particular reason, sorry about not getting Patterson, Xia_Ke :P

I looked on the bottom, and of course there it is: 2 x 135 / 126 = 650 cc

Are CC's the same as mL's? Can you tell I basically failed chemistry in high school AND in college? (I was good at bio, though)

But now that I think about it, it's more important that I get the developer solution correct instead of trying to figure out what the exact proportions have to be for the tank ...

So my tank is 650 mL, right?

I did buy an accordian style storage bottle that says QT on it, so I'm guessing that is 1 QT. If someone can tell me how to calculate the Dilution B for that amount, then I think I'll be ok. Who is Bob? What's his website?

Jason, thanks for that earlier calculation, sorry for not knowing exactly what it was.

Shooter
    35mm
    Hi,

I Who is Bob? What's his website?

Jason, thanks for that earlier calculation, sorry for not knowing exactly what it was.

Bob Fowler.
    http://mysite.verizon.net/fowler/photo/hc110.htm

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin