Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,678   Posts: 1,482,134   Online: 975

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    PE mentioned on another thread something worth repeating here. A syringe will give you accurate measurements. A 50cc syringe is a couple of bucks at the drug store and you don't need the needle. Really good for measuring HC110 concentrate and other liquids.
    Richard

Why are there no speaker jacks on a stereo camera?

Shooter
    35mm RF

How to keep temp constant?

Quote Originally Posted by richard ide View Post
    Really good for measuring HC110 concentrate and other liquids.
    Yeah, I have considered buying that kind of syringe ... For now I'm just going to pour the syrup into a beaker up to the 1 oz mark and eyeball it!

TEMP: Ok, I finally found a thermometer that doesn't measure fertility cycles and has a below freezing to above boiling range. It's a Tea Steeping and Brewing thermometer with a nice long probe and a digital head, from Bed Bath and Beyond. I can set any temp in C or F and it will adjust itself in real time until target temp is met 68F ... And afterwards I can brew a cup of Earl Grey with a hint of Developer ...

But on a serious note, I noticed that the readout on the digital display basically goes up or down according to the change in water temp(duh). I tested it with hot water from kitchen sink and watched as the temp gradually went lower and lower.

Once my liquid bath hits 68F, how do I keep it there? Or the larger the bath tray the longer it will stay at 68F? Or maybe I should set my thermostat in the apt. to 68?

BTW, 68F is NOT very warm at all!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I never worry about maintaining the temp. My household room temp is usually about 70 and the tank time is generally so short with dil. B that I just go with my initial reading. Not sure if that's a good or bad approach to take but, I've never had any problems.
    flickr

"A good photograph is one that makes the viewer so aware of the subject that they are unaware of the print."- Kodak
    "...if you find afterwards that you made a mistake, the price of the film and chemicals was...tuition!" - greybeard
    "The hard part isn’t the decisive moment or anything like that – it’s getting the film on the reel!" - John Szarkowski

Shooter
    35mm
    Just start your process when everything is at sixty eight. Unless your house is friggin cold the water bath will hold long enough to get you through the developing cycle, but really, if you start at 69 and finish at 68, no big deal. Just be consistent about it. Or start at 70 and finish at 68. Try to start at or above 68 though because developer activity can take a rather precipitous drop below the high sixties. Just be consistent, each time you develop.

Shooter
    35mm
    I agree with JBrunner, but I'll add this: If your room temperature (and therefore temperature of stuff you've stored in bottles) is consistently something other than 68F/20C, consider using your room temperature as your standard developing temperature. You'll need to adjust the times you get from Web sites or data sheets, but that's not very hard. The advantage is that you won't have to mess with water baths or other temperature-adjustment methods.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    consistency ... got it.

last question before i finally start mixing ...

i just stuck my finger in a sample water solution and the thermo reads 66 and it is not even warm. i would say it's actually cool. is the temp right? when i set my apt. thermostat to 68, things get warm!

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by bessa_L_R3a View Post
    consistency ... got it.

last question before i finally start mixing ...

i just stuck my finger in a sample water solution and the thermo reads 66 and it is not even warm. i would say it's actually cool. is the temp right? when i set my apt. thermostat to 68, things get warm!
    You run about 99, so 68 feels about not warm, not cold, but then again, its all perception. hot to you may be tepid to me.

My girfriend thinks boiling water is a nice warm shower.
    Last edited by JBrunner; 01-15-2008 at 08:42 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    68 degree water will feel cooler than 68 degree air, mostly because water takes heat away from your skin much faster than air does. For me 68 degree liquids feel almost but not quite cold. I can tell 68 degrees by touch pretty accurately, but I always use a thermometer anyway.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Jason just threw me off with all that talk of "cooking" the negatives in his video, which I took too literally ..

Shooter
    35mm RF

avoiding cross contamination

Hi,

I've started mixing ... got my HC 110 DIL B!!! It's a lot less colorful than I had imagined ... Very light yellowish, like water with a dash of lemon ...

Can I wash out my measuring jugs, etc with water and use them to make the fixer solution or should I use dedicated measuring containers and stirrers for different chems?

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin