Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,960   Posts: 1,523,069   Online: 1099

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by phritz phantom View Post
    i just use a normal (military) torch with a red filter, i think the smaller maglites have those filters too. i don't know if this the exact color the paper requires, but i make sure to cover any photographic paper in the open with a piece of card.
    The small Maglites work fine. I used one for ages until the RH Designs one came out and I wouldn't go back now. The Maglite is a twist action and so needs 2 hands. It stays on until you twist it off. The RH is a 1 hand action click on/off. It goes off when you let go, which I find much more convenient. Also, it hangs around my neck all the time (in the darkroom!) so I never have to go looking for it. The maglite does have a wrist strap, which is useful as you don't drop it, but it will hang into the dev easily, so you can't really let go anyway.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I just got the RH one this morning for Lith printing. It looks very useful and compact and comes with neck strap. It was brighter than I expected. Going to try it later...
    Mark Tomlinson
    Currently using Bronica RF645+65mm, Leica M6, Bessa R2a, Nokton LTM 50/1.5, Zeiss Biogon ZM 35/2.8, Nikon 35mm SLRs.
    Join the lith printing forum at http://www.lithprinting.net/

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by mrtoml View Post
    I just got the RH one this morning for Lith printing. It looks very useful and compact and comes with neck strap. It was brighter than I expected. Going to try it later...
    I too find it just a little bright for my preference so I put a strip of sellotape magic tape across it. This just diffuses it very slightly and makes it perfect for me. Otherwise when used at close quarters I find the slight 'circle' pattern on the print distracting. The subtle diffusion gets rid of that.
    Tim

Shooter
    Medium Format
    i'll also recommend the RH torch for lith printing,couldn't do with out it then that goes to say about all the RH stuff,'they do exactually what the say on the tin.'
    Tim Rudman,is there another way of paying for the new lith book of the web site,i don't want to put my card details over the net(can i phone you personally?)

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    The RH torch seems very expensive for what is essentially the rear light from the bicycle! As a keen cyclist I've always got two or three different LED rear lights of varying intensity and beam patterns. They work fine and cost a few pounds. You can easily attach a bit of string to most of them if you want to hang the light round your neck and they turn off with a single press mostly (though some go through a range of different flash patterns with each press).

Barry
    My website: Light Work

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by du a gwyn View Post
    i'll also recommend the RH torch for lith printing,couldn't do with out it then that goes to say about all the RH stuff,'they do exactually what the say on the tin.'
    Tim Rudman,is there another way of paying for the new lith book of the web site,i don't want to put my card details over the net(can i phone you personally?)
    Of course. PM me & we'll discuss.
    Tim

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks for the replies: RH designs it is then.

Ritchie.

roy
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Small Maglite with red filter and a piece of paper masking tape over the filter.
    I also have a small Jobo light which is colour safe.
    Roy Groombridge.

Cogito, ergo sum.
    (Descartes)

Shooter
    35mm

magic tape

Quote Originally Posted by tim rudman View Post
    I too find it just a little bright for my preference so I put a strip of sellotape magic tape across it. This just diffuses it very slightly and makes it perfect for me. Otherwise when used at close quarters I find the slight 'circle' pattern on the print distracting. The subtle diffusion gets rid of that.
    Tim
    Is it Sellotape Magic Tape or Scotch Magic tape, I cant find the former? If it matters!

Cheers

Ritchie

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by thomsonrc View Post
    Is it Sellotape Magic Tape or Scotch Magic tape, I cant find the former? If it matters!

Cheers

Ritchie
    Umm. ?
    I'm away from UK at present and can't check. You could be right about Scotch I think
    Tim

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin