Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,745   Posts: 1,515,656   Online: 770

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nikor 220 reel

Shooter
    Pinhole

Nikor 220 reel

I bought what was described by the store as a Nikor tank w/2 120 reels.

I'm thinking it would be nice to have a 220 reel just in case for who knows what, when etc.

Is a Nikor one the only one that will fit?

There's one on eBay for $95 (vintage, unused, but blessed by AA, etc). I may be iggerent, but not stoopid.

I'm learning to laugh at such listings (a disgusted laugh, nonetheless).

I can spell, by the way.

I bought a Chinese 18/8 stainless (martini?) shaker at a holiday clearance sale the other day For $2.49 cause it's gotta be good for developing something (6x18 strips?)
    Murray

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yeah,the nikor 220 reel is extra wide to fit their extra wide tank; they made nice tanks. I searched for a while and found one of the double 220/4x5 tanks along with two 220 reels included for around 40.00; this was several months ago. They do tend to command high prices.

Shooter
    Pinhole
    OK, now if I can remember what those mylar film rolls I had in the 1970's were called.

They looked like yellow transparent lasagna noodles.One end was looped then riveted. The film end was slipped under the riveted loop, then the whole thing was rolled up, with the 'fluted' edges providing spacing between layers of film and each layer of the film wrapper (what else do you call it?).

I think they got brittle & didn't last long. I wondered if they were still made and if they made a 220 one.

I guess I could crimp my own Mylar....maybe not.
    Murray

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Murray,
    film aprons, freestyle has them, but only for 120 and 35mm.

erie

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    There are 220 SS reels that fit the standard tanks, the wire is thinner to accomodate the extra length. They can be tricky to load, and they are a bit fragile, as they bend easily when dropped.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Murray@uptowngallery View Post
    I bought what was described by the store as a Nikor tank w/2 120 reels.

I'm thinking it would be nice to have a 220 reel just in case for who knows what, when etc.

Is a Nikor one the only one that will fit?......
    The Nikor 120 tank should be the 3.5-inch diameter size, and the Nikor 220 reel on Ebay is the 4.5-inch diameter size for the larger Nikor tanks. Other manufacturers made the 220 reel in the 3.5-inch size which fits the Nikor 120 tank. They usually sell for just a few dollars.
    —Eric

Shooter
    Pinhole
    Thanks, Erie and others for the reel price reality check.

I should check back where I got the tank originally...just kind of a detour to get there.

M
    Murray

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by bdial View Post
    There are 220 SS reels that fit the standard tanks, the wire is thinner to accomodate the extra length. They can be tricky to load, and they are a bit fragile, as they bend easily when dropped.
    I bought a couple of those recently. So far I've only developed one roll with it. It took me a bit of practice to get it loaded correctly, but once I'd figured it out, my first roll wasn't hard to load. The trick for me was getting the film started into the groove, starting about 1/2 turn around from the clip. I did this by feel; once I could feel the film starting into the correct groove, everything else went smoothly.

Of course, having said that, Murphy's Law says I'll find the next roll impossible to load.... :rolleyes:

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    that unsold/unused/Nos one on Ebay is unsold/unused/nos ..that is if it's sold by AT&T/Hodie1915 or whatever

The seller bought it at a local estate -check my thread in Collecting lol. I was going to buy it myself but I really didn't go to make money ..I went to buy -mostly- things I could use. Probably don't want to know what was paid.
    Last edited by sun of sand; 01-14-2008 at 04:38 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Pinhole
    I call it Murray's Law.

Hmm, wonder why...
    Murray

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin