Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,960   Posts: 1,558,284   Online: 954

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Another Jobo CPP2 motor failure thread

Note that my CPP2 had been idle for several months but since none of my local labs process film (I'm not talking 35 mm) anymore I was attempting putting it back into service. After letting my exposed film (120/220 and 4x5 sheet) amass I recently started processing my film in my CPP2--I started with the C-41 first. Problems encountered----the drum rotates as it should in the clockwise position but tends to stall on the reverse---the 1500 series tank is not overloading it---it has worked fine in the past for my expert drums too. Any suggestions---should ZI assume the motor itself or ??? Note that sometimes it will reverse as it should but at other times not---it tries but needs help----like it's straining and just can't get it done---I'm looking for an affordable fix--not paying several hundred dollars for a $20 repair. Advice ? Experience? Let's have it!
    Joseph Burke

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    How old is your CPP2? If it doesn't have the latest, stronger motor, then you might have an old one and the motor is just worn out from those expert drums. Just a guess. I use my to do printing in expert drums and had the same problem. Unfortunately, the upgrade entailed a new circuit board, etc, etc, and was very costly. Hopefully, someone out there knows exactly what motor JOBO uses (I am sure they don't make the motors themselves) and can recommend a reasonably priced substitute. Good luck!

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin