Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,492   Posts: 1,542,979   Online: 873

KEK

Shooter
    Multi Format

looking for 16 x 20 trays

Just purchased some 16 x 20 trays and they just fit a 16 x 20 print. No wiggle room at all. I'm going to return them but can't seem to find anything to replace them with. I believe Paterson are about the same size and cesco are out of my price point. I'd go to 20 x 24 but my sink won't handle that size so I'm looking for a 16 x 20 with a little extra room.

Thanks for any help

Kevin

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I remember reading somebody else's post recently that you can buy large plastic trays at Home Depot or Lowe's in the cement mixing section, I assume they'd be a lot cheaper too. If you confirm this to be true, please report back with your findings!

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I use Patterson and they are a bit tight. I routinely print with a 1/2 border all around to account for some of the wear and tear on the paper's edge during manipulation of the print. You might check out these:

http://www.usplastic.com/catalog/pro...65AA20EE6C4502
    Jerold Harter MD

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    DAM 1970 this is totally true! I use them in my lab hehehe, also the deep kitty litter trays. much much much cheaper option.
    in australia I would recommend Wool Worths, Bunnings etc for them.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Kevin,

I use the home depot cement mixing trays for my Platinum/Pallidium printing (8 x 20) but they probably won't work for your 16 x 20 silver prints. The bottom dimension of the trays is about 15" x 21" and the top dimension is about 16" x 25". The sides on two ends have about a 2" radius curve which is a bit of a problem and the sides slope out a little. Good thing about them is they only cost about $6 a piece.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I use wallpaper trays and see-saw the paper through the trays. They use less solution and take up less space. I use a full size tray for washing.
    Rick Jason.
    "I'm still developing"

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I use seed trays from B&Q (UK equivalent of Home Depot I assume). Make sure you don't get the type with holes in the bottom though!

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    If you don't mind lightly used, I found someone in the local camera club (Cleveland, OH) had accumulated equipment to be sold to raise money for the club. His sources were the estates of former members and those living who had switched from film to digital. Since the club had gone mostly digital, film stuff was CHEAP and taking up needed space. Over time I have gotten some plastic and then replaced with stainless trays for 16x20 and 20x24. Another source has been our own APUG classified section.

John Powers

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin