Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,745   Posts: 1,515,638   Online: 811

RLB

Shooter
    Med. Format RF

Beseler 45V Problem

I posted this under another APUG forum, but perhaps this is the better venue. I apologize to folks who are reading it twice.
    I recently acquired a Beseler 45V with a variable contrast head from my local art museum (its photo dept has gone digital). The problem is that the controller (#8573) for the head is not working. According to Beseler, this controller is no longer made. Does anyone by chance have one available that he or she is willing to sell? Ebay has nothing. Any other suggestions welcomed.

Thanks,

Rita
    Philadelphia

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Maybe you could have your current unit fixed? Does Beseler have a Philadelphia repair outlet?

The other choice is to write off the head and buy a used replacement or even a whole used 4x5. Used Beselers aren't exactly high dollar items right now. In the end it maybe cheaper to buy a second enlarger then to worry about the current head.

This assumes you aren't stuck on the VC head which is going to be harder to find then the condensor or colour head.

If you really want a VC head maybe consider a new Arista?

Thats about it for my ideas.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Hi, I would recommend KBH Photogrpix in Mississauga

http://www.khbphotografix.com/

They sometimes have units to sell, but that option can be very expensive, but they are also capable of repairing the units on site in their shop.

I have a Universal 45 and have bought parts and pieces for it from KBH.

Best regards

Todd

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Which controller do you mean? I have a color controller that I could sell. If you want it, PM me with an offer.
    Jerold Harter MD

RLB

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Thanks, Todd. I just sent an email to KBH. Rita

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin