Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,916   Posts: 1,584,720   Online: 747

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

I just bought a Kreonite 20" processor

Just bought a Kreonite 16" table top processor - looks a bit old fashioned but is all working.

Anyone familiar with this machine?

Matt

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Yes, quite. I used to run and service three of them... well - the deep tank floor version of this anyway. Depending on condition - you'll probably want to get some new rack clips for it - and certainly some new 'socks' (roller covers) for your chemistry. Does it work?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Apparently it is still up and running (I haven't picked it up yet) and they will demonstrate it to me when I go to get it.

Thanks

Matt

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    inside and out Matt so if u need any assistance don't hesitate to ask.

~Steve Frizza
    The Lighthouse Lab

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephen Frizza View Post
    inside and out Matt so if u need any assistance don't hesitate to ask.

~Steve Frizza
    The Lighthouse Lab
    Thanks very much for that Steve.

Matt

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I would be very cautious about the practicality of a larger processor like this, as the cost of chemistry and the speed at which it goes bad could make the use of one of these as a hobby pursuit quite uneconomical. If it has replenishment capability, just remember that for replenishment to work properly, you need to run a minimum number of sheets of paper thru the processor per day (50-100 8x10), otherwise the chemistry will go bad due to lack of turnover. Trying to replenish RA-4 chemistry that has gone bad due to inactivity is not possible.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quick update - picked up the Kreonite yesterday - it's a CPT16.

The seller bought it new in 1978 - for a huge amount of money, something like £2500 - and has been using it ever since, up until a few weeks ago when he finally decided to decommission his darkroom and turn it into a digital computer room. Sad, he admitted so himself, and he could hardly bear to watch me drive a way with it - I assured him it was going to a good home.

He said he had been fighting the digital for some time, but the tipping point had been the fact that he's been working in the traditional way for 30 years, and wanted a change away from chemicals.

It seems like a really cracking machine, and, hopefully, with the volume I can generate from weddings and other things, I will easily satisfy it's throughput requirement, and it should be a very economical way to print colour (a lot more economical than digital printing of course)

I've got a complete file of all documentation including even the quality control 'checked' tag from when it left the factory (see attached).

I'll post a picture next week - it's currently sitting at my office premises as my darkroom is going to require some major surgery to accomodate it!

Matt
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Kreonite.jpg  
    Last edited by Matt5791; 02-02-2008 at 01:53 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by PHOTOTONE View Post
    I would be very cautious about the practicality of a larger processor like this, as the cost of chemistry and the speed at which it goes bad could make the use of one of these as a hobby pursuit quite uneconomical. If it has replenishment capability, just remember that for replenishment to work properly, you need to run a minimum number of sheets of paper thru the processor per day (50-100 8x10), otherwise the chemistry will go bad due to lack of turnover. Trying to replenish RA-4 chemistry that has gone bad due to inactivity is not possible.
    I had a 26" processor it doesn't take long to plan my printing sessions so that the chemicals got used. I found it to be great and look forward to settling so that i can find and setup another.

Shooter
    35mm
    Matt, I have an Agfa Rapiline 66 processor. While this processor is different from yours, there are some similarities in using a mechanized processor for small volumes.

First of all, I process only B&W RC paper in it; I do fibre base B&W in trays. I try to use it at least once a week, but I am not always successful in that endeavor. If I know that I am not going to be printing for more than 21 days, I bottle & store the developer, after draining & cleaning the developer rack and the tank, as well as removing and cleaning the fix and wash racks.

Yes, low utilization (LU) is a problem; I dealt with that for years with small E-6 processor. There was a formula for LU compensation, as outlined in the Kodak E-6 manual. I am not sure what the procedure is for RA-4 (as I assume you will be running in your machine). If you are interested in my procedures, email me and I will give you a detailed description.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Ok - first pictures. It needs a bit of a clean up, but thats part of the fun....

Matt
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Kreonite 3 1000.jpg   Kreonite 4 1000.jpg  

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin