Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,320   Posts: 1,536,848   Online: 1122

How do I emove Opemus condensers for cleaning?

It is an old ebay warhorse. I cleaned it up the best I could but when I tried to use it---ugggh! I'm guessing the condensers need a trip through the dishwasher. Taking off the lamp housing, the condensers seem to be held in place by little black retainers. Outside the housing there are four screw heads but the location dosen't jive with the location of the retainers. This is on a 4x4 Opemus, which is a scaled down 6x6 for 127 film.
    Does anyone here know how I should proceed?
    Last edited by John Kasaian; 01-28-2008 at 10:44 AM. Click to view previous post history.

OK I figured it out. I loosened the screws which enabled me to seperate the lower housing into two pieces with the retainers attached to the top piece, sandwiching the lens in between the two pieces. The condenser is only a half condenser though! One lens with the flat towards the light source. I've never seen anything like that before! I'll have to see if the 6x6 has the same set up!

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin