Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,910   Posts: 1,556,220   Online: 987

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

Replacing the bellows on an Omega D2 /DII

Has anyone replaced the bellows on their Omega DII's or D2's? I carefully removed the four small screws on the negative carrier stage, but the bellows seems to still be stuck to the stage. I didn't think the bellows were glued to the stage, but I don't want to force things. Maybe it's just stuck after years of being in close contact. I need to remove the bellows without damaging them to put them on another chassis. Thanks.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I had to remove the bellows on mine to get it replaced - haven't put the replacement on yet. I, too, found it stuck to the stage but a slight tug brought it loose. There was no damage to the bellows that I could notice after I had it off. I guess it was stuck after all those years being in tight contact. However, I would suggest caution when doing this. You can use a knife to wedge in between the bellows and the negative stage to help separate it.

Good luck!

Best wishes,
    Sanjay

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Sanjay-- Thanks that helps a lot. BTW, where did your replacement bellows and how much did they cost?

Barry

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    When I bought the enlarger, I didn't realize the bellows were torn. So the seller replaced them later on free of charge.

I think you can buy new bellows from Classic-Enlargers for $90.

Best wishes,
    Sanjay

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Ok, thanks. I need a couple of other parts as well, so I'll give them a call. --Barry

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Barry, I would appreciate if you post your experience with Classic-Enlargers: I may eventually need some parts too.

Best wishes,
    Sanjay

Shooter
    Large Format
    I'm sure this isn't the route you were thinking of taking, but if it is a gash, or slice you could also duct tape it (or use gaffer's tape). Unless you score a replacement cheap, i'd probably tape it and use the money for paper and film.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    @ Sanjay--Sure if I go through Classic, I'll post about it.

@ Phillip-- I still haven't decided on getting a new belows: I may just remove and repair. One bellows has a bunch of pinhole-sized holes at every fold corner. They're small, but I'd like to fix or replace. I may try fixing them using some Golden black acrylic paint--basically black pigment suspended in an acrylic polymer. It's easily thick enough to fill the small holes and it remains flexible after drying.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Barry S View Post
    Ok, thanks. I need a couple of other parts as well
    What kind of parts do you need? I have some DII parts that I'd happily give you for the cost of shipping.

Ed
    "I only wanted Uncle Vern standing by his new car (a Hudson) on a clear day. I got him and the car. I also got a bit of Aunt Mary's laundry, and Beau Jack, the dog, peeing on a fence, and a row of potted tuberous begonias on the porch and 78 trees and a million pebbles in the driveway and more. It's a generous medium, photography." -- Lee Friedlander

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Ed-- thanks for the kind offer. I'm looking for the foam gasket that goes on the bottom of the Super Chromega D dichroic II head, a lens disc that will fit an older 150mm Schneider Componon-S lens, and a 42mm x .75 retaining ring. Probably not in your parts bin, but I do appreciate your offer.

Barry

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin