Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,697   Posts: 1,482,545   Online: 882

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Large Format
    For my Bessler 4X5 I use a 150 watt with a dimmer switch. This allows me to print just about every screwed up negative I have. Most of the time I have it set at about 50% or 75w.
    Leslie D. Wall
    AKA DeBone75

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by tim_walls View Post
    (i.e. Does light output from an incandescent bulb follow wattage linearly? Stupid question I'm sure...)
    Not so stupid really. But no, that's not the way it works. I took down the specs for Sylvania's standard household incandescent bulbs and plotted light output in lumens against bulb wattage. The higher the wattage of the bulb, the more lumens per watt you get.

If you have MS Excel or Open Office, you can open the attachment.
    Last edited by fschifano; 12-29-2008 at 09:32 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by tim_walls View Post
    . . . Does light output from an incandescent bulb follow wattage linearly? Stupid question I'm sure...)
    Other factors affecting output are the coating on the bulb interior and the bulb voltage rating versus the supply voltage.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Thanks for that Jim/fschifano - much appreciated. I'll keep that spreadsheet around; when my last 150W bulb blows I'll have somewhere to start my calculations from
    Another day goes under; a little bourbon will take the strain...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin