Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,846   Posts: 1,582,716   Online: 921

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Oh, my my my

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images

Oh, my my my

Bursting at the seams here and I have to announce------my enlarger finally arrived! . Ordered it the end of November and it's just an absolute thing of beauty and what a monster too; well worth the wait. Smooth operation all the way around, awesome.

It's a Saunders LPL 4550XLG VCCE. I finished the assembly and just starred at it for a while. Time to see what I can do with it.

That's all.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Congratulations. I've been that guy.
    Kick his ass, Sea Bass!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Great news, Chuck. And best of luck.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Congratulations Chuck. I've had mine for a few yaers now and love it.

Jerry

Images
    Awww... a new baby!

Have fun. I know you will.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Congratulations. It's as exciting as opening your first pack of paper. Any one remember that? I do - very clearly.
    "Why is there always a better way?"

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Yes, the enlarger is a thing of beauty and pure joy to use. I've had mine for about 2 years and love it. It's so good, I have 4 other enlargers just sitting around now. I have the 4550XLG with Dichroic Head.

BTW, where did you order it from?

(I won mine on ebay. Brand new in the box. Never plugged in. $175 plus $80 for shipping.)

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Congratulations, Chuck!

I've been printing with the LPL 4550 enlarger for about ten years, and it's truly the nicest enlarger I've ever used.

Mine is wall mounted, which is an arrangement I've really come to appreciate.

Anyway, I hope you'll be printing soon!

Gary,
    East Snook, TX

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras
    Quote Originally Posted by BobNewYork View Post
    Congratulations. It's as exciting as opening your first pack of paper. Any one remember that? I do - very clearly.
    I will always remember the sales assistant at a branch of Jessops in the UK telling me about two students from the local art college who came in to buy their first pack of 100 sheets of black and white paper. They paid for it, walked out the door and stopped. Opened the box and took out the paper in broad daylight. Counted out 50 sheets each and walked off in separate directions.
    I bet they'll never forget opening their first pack of paper
    Last edited by rob champagne; 02-04-2008 at 02:48 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Congratulations Chuck,

It is a wonderful enlarger. Mine has made wonderful prints and taught me a lot. One caution while reading all these congrats and paper comments. Before taking some paper out, darken the room, let your eyes adjust, turn on the enlarger light and you may notice why this enlarger is notorious as a light leaker. If yours is like mine you may notice a few beams of light coming out in various directions. Plug some of the holes, especially around the negative carrier with black tape that is not sensitive to heat. Black duct tape has worked for me. Avoid plugging light leaks that limit the cooling air. The bulbs are expensive. To maintain the airflow I directed the light to the side with a metal spray can lid cut into a cylinder. Where the light hit the wall a few feet away I painted the wall flat black to avoid reflection. Hope this helps you enjoy your new enlarger.

John Powers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin