Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,988   Posts: 1,524,049   Online: 961

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 26789101112
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    My red safelight is within three feet of both the dev tray and the enlarger base board I have no issues thus far with any fogging. Of course, a sheet of paper is in this range for no more than five minutes at a time, seldom for that long.

But, yeah. Once I added the roller cart into the mix thing start and end much more quickly. Darkroom work is much less a perceived inconvenience than it once was.

If I could change one thing in my present situation, it would be the location and arrangement of the trays. It's functional right now but there has to be a better way. I toyed with the plywood-ish idea, but I haven't come up with anything suitable just yet. A three or four foot by 15 inch card table with adjustable legs would be perfect.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    My latest darkroom in progress in a second bathroom in our apartment here in Honolulu. Toilet and sink will still be usable, but the bathtub is now the wet side.

Chemical storage will be outdoors in a plastic cabinet on the balcony, where I also keep the film freezer. I also have a closet for photo/darkroom gear just outside the darkbathroom, and we have a storage unit in a climate controlled building down the street for additional storage.

Dry side:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1406521522.596614.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	208.2 KB 
ID:	91878

Wet side:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1406521538.601346.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	222.2 KB 
ID:	91879

I'm working on a solution to make more tray space, but I may just print small for now.

My Thomas safelight is just way too powerful for this space, so it's going into storage for now. I've got two Jobo LED safelights, which seem adequate, and they can be pretty close without fogging.

I also had to consolidate my paper, and I'll probably sell off or locally trade my single-sheet feed paper safes.
    Last edited by David A. Goldfarb; 07-27-2014 at 11:31 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 26789101112

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin