Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,807   Posts: 1,581,450   Online: 1101

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4891011121314
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've a similar sized bathroom as Pdeeh, however most 'dry' work happens in the darkened room next to it.
    I thought of using a stacked tray approach to develop - dev above stop above... You get the idea.
    Hadn't thought of getting a trolley for it (original idea flopped).
    I should look for one with 3 shelves or with easy access to them.
    Only problem might be weird angle of crouching to agitate prints or sheet films.

Do you do the processing at the top of the trolley, Pdeeh?

Sent from Tap-a-talk

Shooter
    Multi Format
    No the trolley simply holds the enlarger and easel on top, with papersafe (actually a shoebox), spare boxes of paper, and the various whatnots one gathers on the shelves beneath.
    As mentioned, behind the sinkbasin is a shelf just deep and wide enough to comfortably hold 3 trays, and that's just a stroke of luck in how the bathroom has been built.
    So I manage to have a dry side and a wet side in one room, albeit not separated by very much space.
    I think if I tried to use the trolley for the trays it would be more trouble than it's worth for me.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Ah okay. Have you used the shelves in a specific way - dev on top, stop middle, fix bottom etc?

I was thinking of a trolley like thing because the floor's not carpeted - I dont have to worry about spilling the chems much there.

Sent from Tap-a-talk

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Sorry analoguey, I haven't described things clearly enough. I don't have them stacked.
    A picture will be best
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails trays.jpg  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Looks like I've gone the same route as pdeeh. I've recently bought the contents of a darkroom of someone who has decided to go digital only.
    I'm fairly new to film as a photographer. I only came to film in the last year. Before that digital was the medium that put me on the path to photography, first as a hobby then as a career.
    So I shoot all my day to day work with digital but have now moved all my personal work to film. It's actually brought a whole new level of excitement into photography for me. So this is where the home darkroom has come into play. Hopefully I'll be able to make all of this stuff work for me!

Let the adventure begin!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0325.JPG  

Shooter
    Large Format
    I would be worried about everything falling off the trolley!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by winterclock View Post
    I would be worried about everything falling off the trolley!
    I blame iPad for that!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    The other day I finally took some pictures of my bathroom-darkroom.

The first one is the dry area (although it is also wet). On a board, place between the toilet and a heater that are at the same heigh, you could see the enlarger, timer, focusing loupe, etc. Below, the paper.

The second one, the wet area. The Nova processing tank and the washing pans placed in the tub.

That's all.........for the time being, because I'm building a new one, permanent this time.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2014-11-15 18.39.28.jpg   2014-11-15 18.41.00.jpg  
    Alfonso

Shooter
    35mm
    Nice use of space, Goros! The Novatech really helps to cut down on tray space. A couple of pieces of black card to the right of, and behind, the enlarger will reduce a bit of glare of the shiny white walls during exposure.

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4891011121314

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin