Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,290   Posts: 1,535,377   Online: 811

Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have a small apartment that is becoming less makeshift darkroom than it is full-time darkroom with makeshift living area. It started with film developing in the kitchen. Then I added alt process printing in the bathroom. Now there's a Beseler MX II and an Omega D2 occupying my living room. (Not to mention all the gear that still needs to be sold - an unused ACP-302 occupies a lot of floor space.) Trays have taken up a permanent home on my kitchen counter and the windows are blacked out. Bedroom is chock full of cameras and other assorted gear. The fridge is mostly film and condiments.

Shooter
    4x5 Format

Darkroom/Apartment

Dear Sowers,

You're living the dream.

Neal Wydra

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    At long last, a couple of days ago my bathroom served as darkroom for the first time. I'm sure I'll be spending much of this weekend locked away in that space!

And like Sowers above, my small residence is increasingly being consumed by all things photographic. The part of my kitchen/dining area not already full of bike stuff (I work at a bike shop) is now filling up with my enlarger (on its rolling table), trays, washers, etc. Not that I'm complaining, mind you...

- James

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I guess my darkroom fits in here, too

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bildschirmfoto 2012-03-07 um 21.49.16.png 
Views:	211 
Size:	424.9 KB 
ID:	47506

It is a permanent darkroom, very small, very cozy, I love it, but of course I wouldn't say 'no' to some more space...

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Sowers View Post
    ... It started with film developing in the kitchen. Then I added alt process printing in the bathroom. Now there's a Beseler MX II and an Omega D2 occupying my living room. (Not to mention all the gear that still needs to be sold - an unused ACP-302 occupies a lot of floor space.) Trays have taken up a permanent home on my kitchen counter and the windows are blacked out. Bedroom is chock full of cameras and other assorted gear. The fridge is mostly film and condiments.
    My name is Sowers; I'm a photographer.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by JBrunner View Post
    Wow. Thanks guys. This is a great thread!
    Yeah, you want pictures of enlargers and toilets in the same image! You just want to see if we can one-up Edward Weston's "Excusado."

OK, here's mine. Omega D3 on a cart, tub on the left with plywood over it as a shelf, window has been blocked off using hooks through a piece of pressboard, toilet (can't see it) in the far right, shower on the right, sink on the right with enough room for trays or a Jobo CPE-2, and on the left are cupboards where I have paper and more film stuff.

I built the cart from 2x4s, and it's on wheels. Yes, the corners are actually square and it's bolted together with lag bolts. When it isn't in the bathroom, it's in the kitchen.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0270.JPG  

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    great thread...tnx! Someone gave me an enlarger last week that he wasnt using and I was trying to figure out how to get it up in the bathroom I plan to use for printing....the microwave cart seems like the best concept for my situation so I'm going to look into it. Tnx again!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I am loving this thread!
    I was resigning myself to scanning the negs only for now but htis has given me hope.
    BUT (and this is aimed towards UK people because its about our electrical regs), how do you get enough power (safely) into the bathroom?
    We have an 'en-suite' and a bathroom and as the kids have grown up and moved out, the main bathroom does not really get used apart from guests. So It has ventilation (duct in the corner out to the edge of the roof), the window I can black out. and a board over the bath. But I get stuck with getting enough power into the bathroom I can't easily get a power cable under the door. So that leaves me 'adapting something from the two 'down lighters'. But I am pretty sure that does not meet regs on safety!
    Or do you just say blow it and do it anyway?
    Alan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    My bathroom/darkroom.

Actually, that is an older photo from early last year, the darkroom has been upgraded a bit since then, but I have not made new photos, or written a blog article about the upgrade.

blog article about the darkroom

blog article about making he window cover

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by salan View Post
    how do you get enough power (safely) into the bathroom?
    ... I can't easily get a power cable under the door. So that leaves me 'adapting something from the two 'down lighters'. But I am pretty sure that does not meet regs on safety!

Alan
    "Enough"? Is there not an outlet for a hair dryer or an electric razor (if desired)? An enlarger bulb and a safelight will not pull as much power as either appliance, so I can't imagine there being a problem.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin