Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 73,630   Posts: 1,623,084   Online: 936

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images

My new dedicated darkroom

I just want to share my excitement about finally commissioning my new dedicated darkroom. We built a new laundry/bathroom/utility room and the old laundry became my new darkroom. The revolving darkroom door was installed yesterday. Today I started processing my backlog of films and it all worked fine. Rather than making the room seem claustrophobic (it is quite a small room) the revolving door somehow gives it a feeling of more space. It's been about mid-June last year since I last used my previous darkroom.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Congrats, post some images in the darkroom portriats forum.
    Robert Hall
    www.RobertHall.com
    www.RobertHall.com/mobile
    Apug Portfolio
    Facebook Profile

Technology is not a panacea. It alone will not move your art forward. Only through developing your own aesthetic - free from the tools that create it - can you find new dimension to your work.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Thanks, okay, I'll take some d*** snaps.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Lucky you! I have about 3 weeks work left on my expansion from previous old laundry into the garage. My challenge is the garage still needs to be versatile enough to allow a trailer to move through it on occasions and a space to do "studio" shots with lights and backdrops etc. So, making it temporarily light proof for daytime use is stretching all my creative design talents. After dark is fine but unfortunately permanent walls and revolving doors are not possible. I can still use my previous space for daytime use but 6x7 enlarger is the biggest I can use in there. My 4x5 and 5x7 enlargers need more space along with the UV lightbox and dry mounting press etc. I'm really excited about having a large sink at last with multiple taps. Plumbing was the biggest single cost for the project. Everything else I did myself (accompanied by obscene language and occasional bleeding!) Photos in a month or so!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Congratulations, Kevin. Look forward to seeing some pics.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Hee hee heeeee I feel your glee

I'm about a month away from developing film, but the double door light trap entry is a done deal. This means that my wife or our 6 year old daughter can visit me anytime they wish - even if I'm developing 4x5 film in trays in total darkness. No more locked doors between me and those I love

Any new darkroom that improves upon the one before is a GOOD THING!

Murray

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Congratulations Kevin, I look forward to seeing some pictures emanating from the new darkroom.

Mick.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Thanks all. Mick, I should be able to come and pcik up that item in the next week or so. That will be a huge space-saver in the darkroom.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    No worries Kevin, it's still sitting there.

Mick.

tbm
    Shooter
    35mm
    Congratulations, Kevin! My darkroom is in my garage, a separate structure measuring 8x6 feet, built from 2x4s and particle board, and that gives me plenty of room. Since building it 6 years ago, I have made thousands of prints comfortably with no problems at all! Bose's CD player emits gorgeous stereo sound while I am printing and I can't imagine being without it!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin