Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,205   Posts: 1,531,746   Online: 899

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images

Oops. Enlarger lens filter wrench?

A fellow APUGer kindly gave me a 150mm enlarger lens, which I put on my enlarger to play with, but when I removed it, it brought the enlarger element and ring with it. The element is still attached to the lens but has those two small holes for attaching some kind of filter wrench. My question is, what should I use to remove the element? I bought a pair of circlip pliers from the hardware store, but the points are too large and it doesn't reach the right diameter, and then I tried a couple of electronics stores, and bought tweezers at one (of all things), and they fit, but don't have the strength to twist the element off. Any ideas much appreciated. Thanks.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Try wrapping a large rubber band around the lens barrel. It will give you a fantastic grip.
    Richard

Why are there no speaker jacks on a stereo camera?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Thanks. I don't think I explained it very well. The element is threaded right into the enlarger lens, so that it has no exposed thread. All I have to work with are the two holes.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    So I've probably worded this post badly. It's a gadget that grips into the two holes which I need, as opposed to something to grip the outside like a filter wrench.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Kevin what you require is a lens wrench, I have one and it is used for my own 150 Schneider enlarger lens, as well as any of my LF lenses.

Wanna borrow it? Or come over with the lens stage from your enlarger and lens ?

http://www.badgergraphic.com/store/c...duct_list&c=82

I'm not sure if the link works, but it's Badger graphics, go to the large format, then sub link to the large format accessories, scroll down, it's at or near the bottom.

Mick.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Mick, thanks for that. I'll give it another go today with pointy circlip pliers and if that doesn't work, I'll probably come over tomorrow to buy that unit and will bring the lens with me.

Here are a couple of pics showing the problem. Sorry the second one is blurry.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails enlarger lens 001.jpg   enlarger lens 002.jpg  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Do you have my contact details?

Mick.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Yes, I'll give you a call to make sure the time suits you. Thanks.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Well, it was actually the rear of the lens stuck in the lens stage of the enlarger. Looking at Mick's 150mm lens and LPL enlarger was a big help. I got home, took the lens stage off and managed to coax the lens thread out.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin