Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,837   Posts: 1,582,449   Online: 701

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert
    I'm also wondering why people don't like the 2500 tanks for 4x5?
    Who? Which 4" x 5"? - film or paper? I don't have any information from the JOBO handbook suggesting the use of *any* 2500 series tank for 4" x 5" FILM.

Is it permissable/ done?
    Carpe erratum!!

Ed Sukach, FFP.

All the 2500 tanks work with 4x5 film. Just need the 2509N reel. Some people seem to not like it. I'm not sure why. Seems to work fine for me. It's nice that I can mix and match film in one tank.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have used the 2500 tanks for 4x5 on my old CPE2 and never had any problem with even development. There is a minimum amount to cover the negatives which is 270 ml. I have always used 100 ml of stock solution for 80sq inches of film or 150ml for 6 sheets. The tank can hold 600ml of solution (although it will put a strain on the motor) so you can go up to 1-3 dilution with some developers if needed.

my habit is to do 4 sheets at a time with either Xtol or HC110 with a B or G dillution. I have never had satisfactory results with any kind of Pyro for drums so still do those in trays.

The only problem you may encounter is you need to load the film emulsion side in. Otherwise it is easy to scratch the outside sheets of film on the drum while loading in the dark and causing scratches.

it is not that difficult to load the sheets, just practice with some expendable negs untill you get it down.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin