Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,952   Posts: 1,585,999   Online: 838

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    interesting Nicholas I'll have a look. Well, made a lot of progress and I think I'm getting close. The garage now resembles a large room, all the walls are finished and I've covered half of the room with carpet as it will be used for non-darkroom things. The darkroom area is now covered with a rubber flooring material (1/4 inch thick rubber, smooth underside, and grooved on the top part). It's really starting to look close to finished. The only main thing left will be getting a sink, and some good exhaust fans installed.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    My Leitz Valoy II saw this thread and has started going to a support group for enlargers with "size" issues...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I've been working on my darkroom hardout lately and am so close to having it finished I can't stand it.

All that is left:

-Install exhaust fan.
    -Get dark curtains for the doors.
    -Paint my plywood sink.
    -Get plumbing sorted out

The plumbing is the worst issue since we are not on "city water". Our water supply is from the rain (rain from the roof fills our 7,000 gallon tank, it's then pumped through a filter system and into the house). This tank can get low in the warmer months so isn't usable for the darkroom supply. I've checked with the city and it will be $3,000NZ to get hooked up to the city supply :o
    Well, if anything it will increase the value of the house, but is a pain to get hit with that when I'm approaching the finish line!

Gear wise I am 100% ready! I now have my bag, and tripod. I could use another lens or two but can worry about that down the road.

Getting close!

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Sean, I remember you did get the Super Trekker AWII. How does it work out for you? Is it a nice fit for your Dorff?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Francesco
    Sean, I remember you did get the Super Trekker AWII. How does it work out for you? Is it a nice fit for your Dorff?
    Hi Francesco, yes my Mom has flown in to NZ for a visit (just yesterday actually) and she brought the Super Trekker AWII with her to save me the shipping cost. My first impression was that it would be way too big and heavy. It's around 20lbs empty, so I was getting nervous since I have a bad upper back. But I loaded it up and even strapped my 8lb-ish Berlebach tripod to it -and was amazed. I felt nothing on my upper back at all. The weight was totally focused on my hips which is great, and what I had hoped for. VERY comfortable and I think it has enough room to easily fit an 11x14 with lenses and accesories! I find the bag so well constructed and thought out that whoever designed it took it to the limit and then some. It also has an internal rainshell underneath that can be pulled out quickly if needed, and rainproof YKK zips. It came with a really nice micro backpack strapped to it as well (I can keep food and water in that which will come in handy). TWO THUMBS UP!

Wow..OMG

I'm new to apug, and been following this thread until Now. Congratulation Sean, GOsh!!! that enlarger makes mine shrink until it's gone...tell us and post a few prints later with that....=) (big grin)...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    OK, I'd say I'm 90% there! Here are a few quick snaps of my darkroom (click thumbnails to view).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails darkroom2.jpg   darkroom3.jpg   darkroom4.jpg  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    lookin' good, Sean!
    Let's see what I've got in the magic trash can for Mateo!

blog
    website

Shooter
    Large Format
    Sean, do you think you have enough enlargers?.....Maybe is time to lock out E bay from your computer.....:P

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    You sure have come a long way, What a great place to turn on some music, hang out and create. can't wait to see the results!

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin