Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,900   Posts: 1,584,401   Online: 753

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    hey, just got back last night. We had a great trip, thanks for asking

Currently the enlarger is lying on the floor of my garage. I plan to have a little party in a few weeks so I can get enough people over here to help me raise it upright. Then I need to piece some of it together and probably get an electrician in to do the wiring.

While in the US I also picked up my 8x10 Deardorff which I ordered on ebay a year or so ago. She's a beauty and I'll probably post a pic of her some time today once we're unpacked. See ya

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan
    Images
    Congrats on the new bohemoth!

I too am lucky enough to have a woman that understands my photography mental illness. In the past two years my darkroom has gone from an outfit that could travel back and forth into the bathroom to taking over half of our garage. It houses an Omega D3V (up to 4x5), Omega E3 (5x7), Polaroid MP-4XL, an old wooden film dryer that will hold 40 rolls of 120 at a time, and I have an old Burke and James 8x10 copy camera and stand on the way.
    She is a horticulturalist, so she does have an equal mental illness for plants. She has the other half of the garage.
    "Hey, I don't tell you how to tell me what to do, so don't tell me how to do what you tell me to do!"-Bender Bending Rodriguez

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Thanks veriwide

Well, I'm making progress. A guy from the moving company is coming out tomorrow to see how we can lift it upright. Just for the heck of it I tried to lift the back column to judge the weight and it didn't budge at all. We either need 6 bodybuilders or some type of pulley system. Once I get it in place it's all go from there. I'll have an electrician come wire it up, then get the builder in for an estimate on converting the garage into a room. I can't wait to post a pic of it. Gotta run, Sean

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Heh. Reminds me of a time when I was playing at a jazz festival in Poland during the last days of Communist rule (I was there to do research, but I was playing trombone on the side), and watched two guys who looked like retired Olympic dead-lifters carry a concert grand piano up stairs.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    LOL. When we moved house several months ago, a muscle bound islander (those guys are superhuman) was carrying our refrigerator on his shoulder. Carried it down our stairs and down the driveway to the truck. I envy those guys, if I was like that I'd be shooting 12x20...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    how's the project coming along?
    Let's see what I've got in the magic trash can for Mateo!

blog
    website

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Well, our garage was a disaster area so I spent all weekend cleaning it up. Now there is plenty of space around the enlarger to 'move it' and I'll try to call in a mover to see what my options are. I keep saying this but have been so busy lately. I plan to have it in place by end of week. I found an instruction manual for it too which is good. It appears it was made in 1973, and it can take a max negative size of 12x15. Gotta run

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Ok, ...sigh

Well, I am ready to have the enlarger set upright. I called a moving company for quotes and they figure it will take 10 men at a cost of 650-750 dollars!

I've decided to try the following. I am posting a notice at the nearby Rugby club. Basically saying "need 8 strong guys to raise this machine [photo] upright. 30 dollars each for 10 minutes work and located down the street." Hopefully one of the teams will say, "hey lets run over there before the game and make a quick buck"...

Enlarger raising party? Free beer and pizza. Get the thing up before you tap the keg.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert
    Enlarger raising party? Free beer and pizza. Get the thing up before you tap the keg.
    And get stuck with drunken rugby team running around your home? Sounds chancy.
    Probably better to thank them profusely, hand them the cash and point them them towards the nearest Pub.

Too bad you don't live an Amish community, Sean. Oh right, they're not particularly fond of photography
    That is called grain. It is supposed to be there.
    =Neal W.=

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin