Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,287   Posts: 1,535,289   Online: 921

Page 1 of 12 123456711 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    http://www.trademe.co.nz/structure/a...38&permanent=0

230US dollars! Someone tell me if I should jump on this. I'll be shooting 8x10, I've never heard of this enlarger and I happen to be going to Tauranga tomorrow. Let me know what I should do asap. Seems like an amazing deal

Images
    If you can figure out how to get it to your pad, I'd jump on it. The lens alone is worth 230...
    hi!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I think I am going to get it! My wife is going to think I have lost my mind! I mean who can turn down a deal like this? I am laughing right now trying to figure out where the heck I'll put the bloomin thing, it's gargantuan!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    OMG, it's 900 pounds and 9ft high. I think it will fit ok in the garage.

Shooter
    Large Format
    I say go for it, seems like a great deal if it is working. Check out the bulb and see if there are any replacements available.

And please, please have your wife take pictures of you putting it inside your basement darkroom, we all need a good laugh...;P

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    What a monster! Is the chair included in the price? A few things to consider. Does it work? If not were do you get parts. Do you have room for it. Can you get it in your house and through the door. And what the heck is that contraption on the left?

This is one of those items that I would look at from the idea of what components are valuable and can be recycled if the fan or light source etc go bad and cannot be replaced. and the table/easel are easily worth $230. The lensboard chassis, gear racks, knobs hardware etc are worth quite a bit to have for other projects.

As you said, the lens is probably worth the money. And of course the 1950s early 60s era Buck Rodgers control panel.

Of course the auction may go higher and that is a consideration, but if you can get it for close to that price I say go for it. And if you get it please post pictures and descriptions.

Good Luck.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    it has a "buy now" price of 500NZ. I could get it right now for that price.

Yeah, I don't know what the buck rodgers control panel does. I suppose it controls the lights? lol

I am thinking now, scrap the little basement darkroom. Convert our garage into a darkroom. We have a deck on the other side of the house with another carport under it (but not 9ft ceilings). I'll see what the wife thinks tonight. She is a pianist so if someone had a Steinway Grand going for 500 bucks we'd probably figure out how to make room for it...

Images
    You might need to borrow Les' crane for this job...
    hi!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    My wife actually thought it was awesome. I'm trying to make contact with guy because we'll be in Tauranga this weekend and I can look at it. We've decided to convert the garage into a darkroom/excercise room/laundry room. The left wall of the garage is 9.5ft so that sucker will just fit. It's an oversize garage so I'll have plenty of room

I'm off to scour the net now for any info on this machine. Will keep you guys posted.

Page 1 of 12 123456711 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin