Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,982   Posts: 1,523,877   Online: 1066

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images

Glycin stain proof surface?

Anybody out there make their own darkroom sink and manage to find anything (besides stainless steel) that won't get Glycin stains? My last sink was painted and ended up with lots of brownish blotches. I'll be building the new sink out of plywood. Any proven Glycin stain proof surfaces out there?

Murray

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    I don't know if mine is Glycinstain proof or not, but it is built of plywood and coated with West Systems Epoxy with finely ground charcoal in it producing a beautiful black surface. It is 19 years old and still going strong.
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS]Films NOT Dead - Just getting fixed![/FONT]

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan
    Quote Originally Posted by MurrayMinchin View Post
    Anybody out there make their own darkroom sink and manage to find anything (besides stainless steel) that won't get Glycin stains? My last sink was painted and ended up with lots of brownish blotches. I'll be building the new sink out of plywood. Any proven Glycin stain proof surfaces out there?

Murray

I don't have an answer but I'm also interested, to know. I've been scrubbing my enamel coated developer trays w/abrasive cleanser. I think I used household bleach one time with good results - it didn't work fast and didn't completely remove it all - I still had to finish with a little cleanser, but much less work involved.

Paul
    "Pictures are not incidental frills to a text; they are essences of our distinctive way of knowing." Stephen J. Gould

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin