Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,675   Posts: 1,481,939   Online: 1080

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thought I would share a printable Ilford filtration guide for anyone who needed it.
    Attached Files

Shooter
    35mm
    Hello
    I have just joined the forum and have recently aquired a focomat v35 and getting a dark room up and running again after many years out, have been to digital and had all these film bodies not being used and decided to get back into B/W.Getting my kids into it which is great.Anyway I have a focometer 2 and can work it manually but not worked out how to use the probe/auto feature, does anyone have a manual ,I have done a search on the web but cant find one.Thanks for any help
    Andrew

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I too just bought a V35 with multigrade head. Not as lucky as Gary I think. The auto focus doesn't work and the alignment is way out - apparently not easy to adjust from what I can gather.
    Tim

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan
    I have the V35 and find that I had to put a rheostat to lower the light output because at 8x10 distance all my exposures were at F.11 or F.16.
    I believe that if you follow the Durst filtration settings that are given with the paper, you are in the money....The 40 mm lens is fantastic. If I look into my focus scope I can see that the most punchy grain is wide open and maybe one stop down. When I do close down to mid-way or so, the images still are sharp enough to jump off the page.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I thought that dialling in cyan was basically like adding a nd filter. I'd think that would help with very short exposures if true.

Tim, have you got the column height set for the easel you're using ? Also you could probably shim the column base to align the baseboard with the lens and neg carrier (presuming they're both aligned with each other).

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by canuhead View Post
    Tim, have you got the column height set for the easel you're using ? Also you could probably shim the column base to align the baseboard with the lens and neg carrier (presuming they're both aligned with each other).
    Yes. thank you. I have the col height to 0 just for testing it on the base board.
    Using a circular bubble spirit level on the head and the base board shows it at 11 o'clock on the head, quite a way off centre, and at 3 0'clock on the base, only slightly off centre (the worktop presumably). My laser tool confirms and it looks like neg carrier and lens are different too.
    The autofocus goes off immediately the head is lowered even by an inch. I don't know why.

I spoke to the tech at Leica, who confirms it is difficult to realign.
    So it looks like a costly service/repair or return to sender, which will also cost me the courier service changes each way. Would I expect to get a refund on postage along with the item cost? It was Ebay and seller seems v genuine and surprised by problems (although he hadn't used it for 2 years)
    Tim
    Last edited by tim rudman; 06-25-2008 at 03:37 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: typo

Shooter
    Medium Format
    http://photo.net/bboard/q-and-a-fetch-msg?msg_id=00MSSb

http://www.bonavolta.ch/hobby/en/photo/v35.htm

Tim, you may find some help in the above links with alignment and autofocus adjustment. Which lens are you using?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Wow, having the lens and neg off is strange since there's not much movement there from what I can remember. Is it possible that the lens assembly or whatever it's called has been cross threaded ? that' the only thing I can think of short of a MASSIVE knock that could cause this. As for the baseboard, I would just shim it under the column base as a quick fix.

If you haven't done it yet, I would use a target/test neg to see if bringing the head and base in line will result in significant improvement overall.

Good luck Tim, it's a wonderful enlarger to use !

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary Holliday View Post
    http://photo.net/bboard/q-and-a-fetch-msg?msg_id=00MSSb

http://www.bonavolta.ch/hobby/en/photo/v35.htm

Tim, you may find some help in the above links with alignment and autofocus adjustment. Which lens are you using?
    Thank you Gary
    I had found those links through Google already. The alignment sounds tricky without correct tools - a fact endorsed by the helpful folk at Leica.
    It is fitted with the 40mm.
    Tim

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by canuhead View Post
    Wow, having the lens and neg off is strange since there's not much movement there from what I can remember. Is it possible that the lens assembly or whatever it's called has been cross threaded ? that' the only thing I can think of short of a MASSIVE knock that could cause this. As for the baseboard, I would just shim it under the column base as a quick fix.

If you haven't done it yet, I would use a target/test neg to see if bringing the head and base in line will result in significant improvement overall.

Good luck Tim, it's a wonderful enlarger to use !
    You are right, they seem pretty immovable. I've just checked again with my Versalab Parallel laser alignment tool and they do come up quite different.

I haven't used a taget neg as
    1) it is too far out so no point. I can see with my Peak that it goes off not far from centre
    2) The laser is so much quicker and easier to track when aligning.

I haven't a clue why the AF isn't working. The cam looks OK and moves OK but the focus goes off really quickly on moving the head down a bit.
    Tim

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin