Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,571   Posts: 1,545,637   Online: 963

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Return the V35 ? Why ?

Be sure to adjust the height of the easel compensation to correct for AF.
    If THAT is out, it is a simple matter to adjust the cam for perfect AF.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by canuhead View Post
    I'd feel the same Tim, how much would it cost to ship it back to the seller may I ask ? Just wondering...
    Well he charged £20 for courier delivery to me.
    He will arrange courier collection so I suppose the cost will be similar, although I threw away his box and am having great difficulty finding a good strong replacement (I know - lesson learnt!) so I may have to return in 2 boxes.
    Tim

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by df cardwell View Post
    Be sure to adjust the height of the easel compensation to correct for AF.
    If THAT is out, it is a simple matter to adjust the cam for perfect AF.
    "Return the V35 ? Why ?"
    Well as I explained earlier in the thread the AF doesn't work (I set col height to 0 and used baseboard. I manually focussed and adjusted the click stop ring, tightened screw etc. Checked all instructions). It goes OOF as soon as head position is moved. (It has correct cam for 40mm lens and it moves on runner correctly).
    Also it is out of alignment at lens and neg carrier stages in different directions,so shims will not help.
    Tim
    Last edited by tim rudman; 07-01-2008 at 08:55 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: header included

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Sounds like the cam is out of adjustment. But I'm not good at diagnosis at 3500 miles ! Of course, its your call.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    If the enlarge will still focus grain-sharp corner-to-corner, I would not send it back. I have the AF but I still check it every time I print on it. It's generally perfect, but I still don't trust it so always double-check before finalizing my prints.

Even without the AF mechanism working, the V35 is such a killer enlarger and so nice to use that it's still worth the money and effort.
    Michael McClellan
    Documentary Photographer
    Ann Arbor, Michigan
    http://www.MichaelMcClellan.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by mmcclellan View Post
    If the enlarge will still focus grain-sharp corner-to-corner, I would not send it back. I have the AF but I still check it every time I print on it. It's generally perfect, but I still don't trust it so always double-check before finalizing my prints.

Even without the AF mechanism working, the V35 is such a killer enlarger and so nice to use that it's still worth the money and effort.
    Yes but this one is out of alignment and tricky to correct as bothe lens and neg stages are out

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    this one is out of alignment

in the 'old days' I'd say it was impossible to put a V35 out of alignment,
    but that was before instruments were taken out of service and
    tortured.

oh, well

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Oh, got it. My V35 was once a bit shaky on the alignment, so I devised a three-point system under my easel using furniture casters so I could adjust the easel to align with the film and lens planes (Scheimpflug principle). It worked great and only cost me a few dollars for the casters at a local hardware store. Given the expense and trouble of shipping and repairs, you may want to try that. Just a thought.
    Michael McClellan
    Documentary Photographer
    Ann Arbor, Michigan
    http://www.MichaelMcClellan.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Hey, just got a V35 today about $300US and it's MINT, looks like it just came out of the box, including the focotar. I snagged it because my Durst is on the fritz. I was wondering if there is any concern over my neg carrier not having any AN glass. I vaguely know of a glass carrier for the v35 but they must be rare and impossible to source? Thanks for any info.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I've never had a problem printing with a glassless carrier.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin