Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,841   Posts: 1,582,617   Online: 1072

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Ordering JOBO parts for CPP2 - a real pain, or no?

Hello friends,

today I've got my brand new JOBO 3010 Expert Drum, along with foot pump... only to find that the 3000 series tanks do require different rollers on CPP2 Jobolift bed, otherwise the tank can't be operated without risk! I understand that JOBO made the so-called extension arms allowing for higher placement of the rollers, but these are long gone in my case - I bought a well-used processor , so I'm now sitting like an idiot closing and opening my new tank with no chance to use it

JOBO makes the so-called refurbishing kits containing all stuff that is prone to breaking (gears, clips, rollers etc.), but the question is simple - where do I order these best? I live in Moscow, Russia, so maybe someone would recommend me some European company dealing with JOBO spare parts? Or it's better and cheaper to buy them from the US dealer?

Thank you in advice - to say I feel just desperate is to say nothing ((

Zhenya

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    You should be able to order parts from Jobo's home in Germany, I am sure that would be much more reliable than ordering them from the U.S.
    Check here; http://www.jobo.com/jobo_service_analog/

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Thank you very much! I used their web mail form to address my question, so we'll see what would they reply to me, and how soon. I was really upset with the rollers issue - after all, not a single line in 3010 tank description says that I would be unable to run it without some obscure part in my processor!

Cheers,
    Zhenya

Quote Originally Posted by bdial View Post
    You should be able to order parts from Jobo's home in Germany, I am sure that would be much more reliable than ordering them from the U.S.
    Check here; http://www.jobo.com/jobo_service_analog/

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I just got a Jobo myself this week so I am not expert. But I believe that ther reason no mention was made of the "special" roller was that it comes with the processor so it normally isn't something that you would have to order. There are two sets of rollers that come with the machine. You snap them out of the holder and change their orientation for different drums. There is also a set of rollers that just snap in without any bracket. However, there is a special set of black rollers on stainless steel shafts that is recommended for use with Expert drums. I was lucky because they came with my processor. But take a look at the rollers on your processor. See if you can pop them out of the bracket they are in and put them back so that they are oriented differently... pointing out or in.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    There's a guy out there who sells rollers and arms and stuff. Joboman@aol.com I think? I bought a set of rollers from him for my CPE(2?) and they were just peachy. Nice guy, too.

I was right -- found an apug reference to him: http://www.apug.org/forums/members/joboman/
    Also one on largeformatforum: http://www.largeformatphotography.in...p/t-26114.html

Again, super nice guy to deal with.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin