Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,219   Posts: 1,532,252   Online: 815

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I hang it over the bathtub. In our last place I had two retractable clotheslines, which worked nicely. You can get them from a hardware store.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I have yet to see a house which was not big enough to accommodate a sheet of 8x10 film, which is the largest format that I shoot, so I am confused by the question.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    When I first began reading the posts here, there was much made of drying 35mm film on its reel, in a sort of plastic wind chamber made out of PVC pipe with a (cool only) hair drier feeding filtered air in one end. Is that idea now out of favor due to excessive curl in the dried film? There were pictures posted and plans shared. I never got around to building one. A clothesline in my cool and not terribly dry studio seems to work fine.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I found one of those WWII era Kinderman dryers on ebay. Its about the size of 3 or 4 paperback books stacked up. Works really really well with SS reels but my Jobo reels are just a skosh too big. For that I have to arrange the reels stacked with toothpicks between them (so air can flow) and cover them both with the jobo tank that sits over them and the air exhaust hole.

If your film isnt super curl-prone to start with (Foma and Forte, for instance) you'll do just fine.

Far as that goes, I get along just fine (long as I dont want to do color, I use the job for that and that takes room) with 1 1-reel ss tank, 1 2-reel ss tank and a a small plastic tub with a lid for my chem and measuring stuff. It all goes right back under the sink when Im done except for the film dryer. If I stuck with Rodinal I could reduce the entire thing to the size of a shoebox.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    JD I still use the bathroom as well. Not that innovative but it works well - late at night or whilst the kids are at school.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I hang my rolls up to dry in a corner in the kitchen with some clothes pegs that sit at a nice height when fixed into some metal shelving. They hang over a small bin that we use to keep recycleable goods so no-one cares that it gets dripped on.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFlyingCamera View Post
    Nah- just a string or other laundry-line type apparatus across the tub, and let the stuff dangle over the basin. If you want to get truly clever, Megaperls has these neat little coathanger-type devices to hang multiple sheets of 4x5 from in a fan-shape -

http://www.unicircuits.com/shop/prod...products_id=35

They show it hanging from what looks like a shower curtain rod.
    I bought two of the hangers that Scott posted above. I'll let you know how it worksout.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Roll film I hang from a lightfitting in the living room - it drips so little it's never even occurred to me to hang it over the bath! (I have hard floors rather than carpet, mind.)

Sheet film put on a dishrack in the sink (not the same rack we use for the washing up though!)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    All the way from Japan my fancy new film hangers arrive. My wife looks at them and says, "did you get those at the dollar store? No. You paid to have them shipped from Japan? You know those are for knickers not film?" So these puppies may be doing dual duty so I can recoup my investment.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    in the reels, behind the picture of raquel welsh...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin