Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,915   Posts: 1,556,301   Online: 943

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    35mm
    I have a concrete floor, sealed with "garage" paint. In front of the sink and in front of the dry side I have the kind of mats that you find in a restaurant kitchen. Works well.

Shooter
    35mm
    Check a restaurant supply house for rubber matting at a reasonable price. They use them in the kitchens all the time.
    WJS/wi/usa

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I found a piece of that closed-cell foam rubber mat on Ebay - I totally forget the vendor's name now. It was 5' or so long by about 30" wide- the shipping on it ended up being as much or more than the foam pad, because of the size and weight of the thing. It sits on the concrete floor and does a terrific job of providing cushion and comfort, and it is easy to clean.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks everyone. I think I'll go the epoxy garage floor with floor mats route. I'm really looking forward to getting my darkroom back after a couple of years.

The great thing about this house is I also get a 25x13 room to setup my studio and finishing room (basically the wife is letting me have the basement to do whatever I want.)
    The soul never thinks without an image.
    - Aristotle

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    The great thing about this house is I also get a 25x13 room to setup my studio and finishing room (basically the wife is letting me have the basement to do whatever I want.)
    lucky man!

Great ideas here for the floor, I'll be building mine soon in the basement of our new house.
    It'll be about 8ftx14ft.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Dear magic823,

"Obviously it has to go." Really? Why? Who cares if it stains. Keep your shop-vac around for spills. It should vacuum up just fine, it would be pleasant to stand on, and the money saved could buy a significant amount of film and/or paper.

Just stirring the pot. ;>)

Neal Wydra

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Don't want the dust. Thats why the carpet has to go.
    The soul never thinks without an image.
    - Aristotle

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    You don't mention if your floor has a floor drain. If so, that would make a painted concrete floor easy to maintain.

Be aware that some rubber floor mats are dust traps, static generators, and difficult to keep clean especially without a floor drain for hosing them down.

I like anti-fatigue mats like this:

http://www.newpig.com/en_US/main.jht...jhtml&email=us

They are somewhat expensive at about $8 per square foot but very comfy. But these are not designed for hosing down.
    Last edited by jeroldharter; 03-04-2008 at 08:02 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: link did not show up
    Jerold Harter MD

Shooter
    Large Format
    epoxy resin garage floor stuff in a paint bucket. Rip the carpet up, clean the cement, mix and pour. You can also add sand, bb's, etc. in the mix for grip near wet areas so you won't slip. There are different grades too, the industrial/commercial stuff is the best as it goes on thicker and won't chip up as easily.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin