Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,545   Posts: 1,572,834   Online: 1028

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Congratulations. My "mirrors" are still in place and not flopping, so I guess yours shouldn't either. The top of mine is white card, not yellowing really. See how it prints and make sure you can get the grades. If not, consider stocking up on replacements.

You can pick up the control panel (Ilford 500CPM) from eBay - there is one there at the moment.

Enjoy.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Yes I am watching that one at present. I am also watching the light mixing boxes too since mine are not for the 500 but rather the 400. Hopefully I get lucky tomorrow.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Absinthe View Post
    Yes I am watching that one at present. I am also watching the light mixing boxes too since mine are not for the 500 but rather the 400. Hopefully I get lucky tomorrow.
    Whoops, guess I needn't have replied to your other post. As I mentioned there, I have two of these systems. I bought an RH Designs Analyser 500 last year and can highly recommend it over the stock control panel; there's much more control and the exposures recommended by using the probe are generally right on or very close. Very prompt shipping from the UK, too.

From the photos of your enlarger, it looks like you need the Omega mounting bracket as well to mount the 500H head to your D5XL column. Send me a PM if you need the manual, although you can still probably find a PDF on Ilford's site (the one for the earlier model with the 500C controller, not the newer CPM).

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I was planning to bid on the boxes to stock-up for the future. If you are bidding, though, I would be happy to hold off, as I really don't need them yet as much as you do. If you don't get the controller module (500CPM) I might be willing to part with mine some time - for the time being I would like to keep it just-in-case...

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I will be trying to win them both this evening, I will let you know if I don't win the CPM, hopefully I will get the boxes reasonably, but someone just bumped them up by a bunch

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I hope you won them :-)
    R.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Not even close

I will continue to look for the control panel, but I think I would like to try my hand at some sheet metal fabrication and build some of the light mixing boxes. I just need some size specifications and perhaps a photograph or two of the inside.

Would you be willing to take some measurements for me?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Watch out! Be aware that mixing boxes for Ilford Multigrade 500 head are different for different enlarger. It means that if you have IM 500 head connected to ,let's say DeVere 504, mixing boxes are not the same as if the IM 500 Head is connected to Durst or whatsoever...

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Well that is something definitely to be aware of. I thought the heads were the same and the mounting bracket was all that was differnt... Live an learn..

Shooter
    35mm

Ilford 500 CPM controller

I just got an RH designs Analyser Pro 500 and it is the bee's knees. You might pay £50 (say$100) for a used Ilford 500 CPM control panel, but if you can afford the £260 (say $500) for the Analyser 500 I would go for it. It does everything you ever dreamed of and will save you money by using much less paper. Unfortunately you never see them on eBay; once bought no-one is ever going to get rid of one. The Ilford probe is not a great piece of equipment; 500 systems are usually sold without the probe, and probes come up on eBay from time to time.
    Richard

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin