Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,573   Posts: 1,545,671   Online: 896

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    The probe I have, it is the controller I don't have. And the mixing boxes too...

Well, no matter for the time being, I will have the d5500 head soon, just got to figure out how to mount it

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Absinthe View Post
    The probe I have, it is the controller I don't have. And the mixing boxes too...

Well, no matter for the time being, I will have the d5500 head soon, just got to figure out how to mount it
    I don't think you can easily mount a D5500 head on a D5XL chassis, but I stand to be corrected (and probably will be). I have a surplus D5500 column you can have gratis, but it's too big to ship and I'm guessing you don't live within driving distance of SW Ontario... if you do, however, send me a PM.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Well, there are 2 accessories listed http://www.khbphotografix.com/omega/.../D5500Dich.htm :

407-920 Adapter Kit with Carrier Cassette for mounting on D5/D6 chassis DL
    429-224 Chassis Linkage Kit for mounting on D5/D6 chassis (uses D5 carriers) DL

I am not sure what they look like, but if I can find one I will buy it, if I can see a picture of one, I will manufacture it...

I appreciate the offer of the chassis, I wish I were in driving distance, but alas I am in central virginia... It would be a bit of a stretch...

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Ok, we're gettign somewhere, just bought the

407-920 Adapter Kit with Carrier Cassette for mounting on D5/D6 chassis DL

We'll see what this is when it gets here... does it suggest that I will need all differnt carriers?

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Guess I still need 429-224

Eventually, I will have a whole enlarger/head system... this is getting frustrating

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Don't worry, you're still short of the $500 I spent on my D6XL (same as yours basically). I got the chromega dichroic head and a gralab digital timer (numeric LED display and push buttons). 'course I also got trays and paper and stuff with mine, but keep at it and you'll get it working.
    The universe is a haunted house. -Coil

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Well I have actually found one at B&H but $173.95 feels a little steep

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...Lamphouse.html

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Absinthe View Post
    Well I have actually found one at B&H but $173.95 feels a little steep

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...Lamphouse.html
    Have you checked this page and spoken with KHB?:

http://www.khbphotografix.com/omega/index.html

(click on the "Color Head" link to the left, and then on the D5500 thumbnail).

Matt

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I have not spoken with them, but I didn't find that they had one listed

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have a D4, which isn't all that different from a D-5, and it's equipped with the Chromega II light source. I have light boxes for 4x5 in. and 6x7 cm. formats and I never use the smaller box. All it buys me is about 2/3 stop more light on the baseboard. Most of the time, I'm struggling with too short, rather than too long, exposure times, and this is no bargain. So, I'm thinking that you don't really need to go crazy trying to find light mixing boxes for all the formats you plan to use. Just get one for 4x5 and see how it goes for the smaller formats. I'd be surprised if it didn't work to your satisfaction.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin