Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,957   Posts: 1,522,972   Online: 1179

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

Carlson Sharpshooter

I was just asked by the owner of a printing firm if anyone here needed a Carlson Sharpshooter.

This type of equipment is beyond my expertise. It sounds like a combination timer and densitometer.

Can anybody here shed some light? This thing is going to the dump along with the remains of an old process camera.
    "There are two ways to avoid most trouble in life: live below your means... and within your seams."

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank R View Post
    I was just asked by the owner of a printing firm if anyone here needed a Carlson Sharpshooter.
    Been a while, but, TTBOMR it is a combination densitometer and exposure integrator (though it could be a timer) and was used with a process camera to shoot negatives for making printing plates. I think the 'sharp' referred to getting very sharp dots by optimizing the exposure when screening photographs.

The alt-process folks are the ones to contact, they do use them.
    DARKROOM AUTOMATION
    f-Stop Timers - Enlarging Meters
    http://www.darkroomautomation.com/da-main.htm

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin