Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,523   Posts: 1,572,258   Online: 763

Shooter
    4x5 Format

Mounting a D5500 head on an Omega D5-XL

Having given up on the Ilford 500 head for now, I got lucky on a 5500 dichro head.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=140214905938

One question that remains is, does it need some magical bracketing to mount on the D5-XL chasis?

Do I need anything else with this or am I ok with my regular negative carriers?

Is there a table that converts dichro cmy settings to equivalent Multigrade values or shall I use the filters under the lens?

Does this use mixing boxes to do smaller than 4x5 negatives or is it as it is supposed to be?

How does this compare to the Ilford 500? Will it be worth trying to come up with the rest of the parts for the 500 or just part it out on ebay?

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    The D5500 takes special negative carriers and inserts - it is unlike any other Omega negative carrier set. Mounting the head will probably be a custom job as the D5500 head mounts using four studs at the rear of the head that project downwards while a D5 has its mounting at the top to lift the head up. I have used both of these enlarger heads and really prefer the Ilford 500system for B/W work over the D5500. Good luck which ever way you decide to go -

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Well just bought the

407-920 Adapter Kit with Carrier Cassette for mounting D5500 on D5/D6 chassis DL

Does this mean I need to find new negative carriers?

Hey, maybe I will get lucky and come across some mixing boxes and a control panel some day... but for now it would be nice to have something that I can use .. at all

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Hmm, I am not sure I got what I think I needed, guess I still need to find a 429-224. It will merely be a race to see what ic an find first

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin