Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,951   Posts: 1,585,990   Online: 826

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Images
    Here is is aftermidnight and I still have two more prints to was. I have been using an 11X14 single print washer for a while now. Basically, it is a tray with holes in one side and a pipe down the other with hols for the water to shoot through. I have had really bad luck with prints sticking together, and not washing thoroughly in the past, so I only wash one at a time these days.

I am thinking about grabbing a verticle slot washer for 11x14. Which ones are the best, which ones are to be avoided?
    hi!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The best that I've seen is the Salthouse, now out of business. I tested it in the UK a few years ago and regret not purchasing it. At the time I couldn't afford the £700. I used a Nova for 10 years and it did the job but it was only 12 x 16 so I purchased a 20 x 24 Calumet 2 years ago, I'm very pleased with it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I have a zoneVI slot washer for 11x14's and it seems to work well.

Images
    I use a Cascade print washer from Summitek. It is like so many except it uses very little water.

http://www.summitek.com/cascade.html
    Watch for Loose Gravel

If you want to do it on the cheap (hard rubber or plastic rather than clear acryllic) the Veralab print washers are supposed to be good, if basic. these are the same people who make the excellent laser allignment tool for enlargers.
    David Vestal, himself, did a test a few years ago, including residual hypo, and wrote a very favorable review.
    I still wash in trays and am myself considering one, in that they cost about 1/3 the price of the pretty ones.

Images
    Les,

Salthouse? Do you mean Salthill?
    Watch for Loose Gravel

lee
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    I have two. One is a Zone VI 16x20 and the other is an Oriental 20x24. I also use a Zone VI washing machine. It sits in my sink flat and is used as a holding tank for the prints waiting for the others to be finished . I, also, have a thing for 4x5 and 5x7 film that I load and set in the washing machine so that the film is washed. Very handy.

lee\c

Images
    Is the Zone VI you are talking about similar to the one on ebay now? http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...3&category=629 or one with dividers?
    hi!

RAP

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    The Ebay link shows a washer designed for film, with the Zone VI film tray, and also a holding tank for prints. It is not the archival print washer. I also own a Zone VI 11x14 print washer, which is about 13" high. It works fine but I have to use half the number of dividers since the space is too small and the top edges of the dividers need sanding. They can scratch your hands easily.

There are several print washers on the market. Features should be, water flow from the top, and drain out the bottom with a constant change of water and plenty of space between dividers.

Hope this helps.
    Time & tides wait for no one, especially photographers.

lee
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    see the next post

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin