Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,051   Posts: 1,561,177   Online: 869

View Poll Results: What type of darkroom do you have?

Voters
298. You may not vote on this poll
  • Dedicated room in the house

161 54.03%
  • Temporary room such as a bathroom

67 22.48%
  • dedicated building on my property

23 7.72%
  • Use a school or university

21 7.05%
  • Use a friends

0 0%
  • Dark What!?!@?! I don't use one.

5 1.68%
  • Other

21 7.05%
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Images
    I've got a 9x21' room that is divided as darkroom and finishing room. It is in the house and was a sleeping porch long ago. Problem is the low ceiling, about 7' max.

Building a new darkroom/finishing room in an outbuilding. That darkroom has 7.5' ceiling and is 9x12'. Finishing room has cathedral ceiling from 10' to 16' and is one side of a 12x18' room. It was all framed 3 years ago, but the county seems to think we need a permit. Go figure.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Mine is in the basement, a framed in 12x14 room with 10 foot ceilings. I've got a stainless morgue table converted to a darkroom sink, a 4x5 beseler, a darn near walk-in film drying cabinet. vacuum easel, and lots of shelves and cabinets. It's not easy to get a good shot of it, I had to shoot from 4 different directions to show much of it. My digitoy doesn't have much of a wide angle to it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Images
    thats the vacuum to suck the dust off the negs jk
    hi!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The old Dichro heads have a wall mounted blower to cool the 400 watts of light inside.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    I wish I had a bathroom in my darkroom, Man!
    huh?

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I used to have a darkroom guide (I think the title was _Do it in the Dark!_--you know, a 70s thing) with a gratuitous photo of one of those Beseler 4x5" enlargers with the Dichro head and the ventilation hose, proclaiming it the coolest, fanciest thing one could possibly have in the darkroom.

The reason for the hose is to isolate the vibration from the fan, and keep the head from vibrating.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by David Vickery
    I wish I had a bathroom in my darkroom, Man!
    Uh, doesn't it usually happen the other way around? :?

Mine is setup in an outdoor garden shed. Made from such cheap pine, it leaks light hence having to hang up dark out cloth. 8x8 doran fan and vent on opposite sides keeps ventilated decently enough but is getting a bit warm in midday, even setup in shade of tree. It works but....

I can disassmble if I need to use the bldg for something else. I'm using an Omega 5XL and seems rigid enough screwed to top of workbench. Leveled it once and haven't checked it since.

Just finally recieved a pristine condition Schneider 150mm Componon S and back from abroad finally. Excited about enlarging first 4x5 neg lol

Chris

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've been thinking of going the garden shed route myself. I'm getting tired of grovelling on the floor to develop and fix my prints... makes my back ache. Since I usually print at night after work, dark is no problem. But, how do you keep the dust and grunge out?

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin